“A nice place to stay !”

Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Twin Falls
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was here for 1 night and my stay was good for a hotel in this price range, my room was clean and and all the amenities were satisfactory for my stay, I was told by check in staff that there was a problem with the key. As for Breakfast it was satisfactory I dont know what other people expect for breakfast in the previous reviews..

I cant comment on the pool as I did not have time to try it out. This Hotel is very close to two nice restaurants which are only a few mins. away !

I would gladly stay here again !

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Glenn Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the future. Thank you Jodie General Manager

Jodie Young

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here on a prebooked holiday from the UK. The hotel was scruffy, not that clean. The pool was very chlorinated. The complimentary breakfast was disgusting. I didn't eat it. We stayed in many hotels on our 17 day trip and this was one of the worst. The only good thing was its location. Next to Jakers, for a lovely dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Dotty003,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. The pool is monitored on a daily basis. We also serve a continental breakfast.

Jodie Young

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not too bad of a hotel to stay in, as you do get what you pay for. We are a family of 5 and the suite is nice. 3 TVs, 2 Queens and a pullout with fridge, microwave, vanity and the usually amenities. The facilities here are another story. The gym area consists of an elliptical, a spin bike, a treadmill and a universal. The circuit breaker trips on the treadmill if you try to surpass a moderate jog (about 4.2 MPH). There are no towels for wiping away sweat, and the drinking fountain sprays onto the floor. Pool was nice (very well-chlorinated!) and the hot tub is one of the biggest I've seen. The steam room worked for about 15 minutes and the sauna never got hot after being on for 30 minutes. I like the location of this hotel (right next to Perkin's, Chick-Fil-A and a Target) and wouldn't mind staying here again, if money is an issue.

Room Tip: They keep rooms cold, allow time to warm it up before settling in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Spoonfed78,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad that enjoyed your room. I am also sorry that there were no towels stocked in the exercise room, and my maintenance man is checking on the treadmill and sauna so it will be repaired for future use.

General Manger

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a large group, multi-day meeting at the Shiloh recently. Most of the staff was very accommodating and friendly. The woman who puts put breakfast every morning was a pleasure! Breakfast consists of lots of breads, some cereal, and yogurt. This hotel has the most chlorinated pool I have ever been in. Getting water in my eyes felt like I'd had acid thrown in my face. The workout room is small and hot, but adequate. The only reason I decided to write this, my first Tripadvisor review, is because of an issue I had with a desk clerk named Cindy. The website clearly states there is coffee in the lobby. When I went for coffee during a break in meetings my second day there was none. I asked if some could be made and Cindy said no, they don't make coffee after 10 am. I pointed out that there had been coffee all day the day before and Cindy told me there shouldn't have been. I again asked if they could please brew a pot, as there were a few of us who would make sure it wouldn't go to waste. Cindy told me it is corporate policy to not have coffee available to keep costs down. My group was paying @ $2000 for many rooms over 3 days. I mentioned that I was with the group in the meeting room and she said she could make us a pot, but she would have to charge me $15 because it was for a meeting. It wasn't for the meeting, it was for a couple of us, and the other hotel guests so i declined. She then walked into a room behind the desk where she was no longer visible to me. I went back to my meeting room, pulled up there website and found it clearly stated "coffee in the lobby". I returned to the coffee station to find a maid putting cream and sugar into a cup. I told her there is no coffee. She asked why and I told her to ask Cindy, but the website says there should be coffee. Suddenly Cindy called from her hole "just make some coffee", as if I was the biggest pain ever. I have NEVER in my life had such a bad customer service experience at a hotel, especially over a $1 pot of coffee.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Helen D.

Thank you for your feedback. This is not our Shilo standard, and we do our very best to provide the best guest service possible, I am sorry you were not accommodated. I am glad you enjoyed breakfast, and were able to use the exercise room. The pool is checked on a regular basis. We do not make coffee after 10am unless it is requested by a guest, at this point coffee is always made. If the coffee is requested for a meeting room we do charge per pot for our meeting rooms, and the pot of coffee is placed in the meeting room for your guests attending the meeting.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in Twin Falls. I was told it was a non-smoking facility, not! The room was not very clean. TV remote did not work. I am an asthmatic and was just getting over bronchitis and a sinus infection and this did not help! The room smelled, the keys for getting in were backwords and I wasn't told. Drove my car around the building and counldn't get in! There was no breakfast, tables and carpet were dirty, no coffee and nothing to eat! To top that off, the desk clerk overcharged me $20!! When I went back to the room to get my things for the car the employee area at the base of the stairwell reaked of smoke I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Won't make this mistake again and would never recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mtladydi
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Mtladydi,

Thank you for your feedback, I am very sorry that you were unable to enjoy your stay with us. I apologize for the smoke smell we are 100% smoke free. We are in the process of upgrading our key system in the future, and I apologize that the front desk did not inform you, we work very hard to inform every guest. We have a continental breakfast served from 6am-10am, I sorry that you were unable to enjoy our breakfast.

General Manger

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hi gang,
Stayed here 5/31/13 for a two day golf trip. Checking was confusing, they claimed their system had crashed and they tried to put me in a "former smoking room" and assured me it had been cleaned and freshened. Wrong !! It still stunk to high heaven. So I changed to Rm 407 and it was great ! Large suite, mini fridge/micro, pull out sleeper sofa. I'd give that room a 9 out of 10 only because I found what looked like a rodent gift on the carpet. I don't know if there's a problem, but I didn't leave any food stuff out to be sure.
The breakfast was basic continental, with juices, yogurt and milk in a small fridge. In the parking lot there are a Perkin's and Jakers restaurants. Multiple eating places within walking distance.
I would definitely stay here again, staff okay, rooms great and breakfast minimal. Avg $90/nite.
Rich

Room Tip: Get above the second floor "ex-smoking" rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Twin Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Nothreeputts,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I apologize our system was down, and made it very inconvenient for our guests. I am also sorry to the best of my knowledge we do not have any rodents in the hotel. Our system is back up and working great we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Jodie Y

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I almost did not stay here due to many poor reviews, that would have been a mistake. Huge, clean, and refurburished rooms, at a good price. Complementry full breakfast was better than Denneys and a morning walk up the Snake River (outside the door) is a memorable find.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pat C,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your morning walk. We hope to see you in the future.