“excellent”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Twin Falls
Weston
“excellent”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent place to stay loved the area the rooms where perfect and clean everyday I got back to my room the staff was great couldn't ask for a better hotel will be staying again when we come back to town next year hopefully we will have more time to explore when we come back thank you

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Erik B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us in Twin Falls. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable place to stay and I am pleased your found our hotel to your liking. We look forward to your next stay with us next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2013

While the fact that this is a newer property, adjacent to the awe-inspiring Snake River Canyon, should make this hotel a destination consideration, in itself, it was the friendly, helpful staff that caused me to bump this review up to "excellent".
As we had been on a road trip, involving both camping and hotel stays, we had come to the point where we needed to get some laundry done and just needed a comfortable place to catch our breath. This La Quinta exceeded our expectations! For a couple - that must have looked like the Beverly Hillbillies, with all of our belongings! - with multiple requests (proximity to laundry, change, etc...) I must state how impressed I was with the kind, good humour and genuine assistance provided by all the staff.
Our room was spacious. The bed was comfortable and we enjoyed a quiet night. Nice bathroom. Good tv and other appliances. A/c was great. Very clean.
Very family and pet friendly. Decent fitness centre. Nice business centre. Pool and hot tub quite nice.
Quite near to a major hospital. This would be an ideal location for family members to stay.
Much better than average complimentary breakfast. Overall...very impressed! Well done!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Erik B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We strive to provide all our guests with a clean and comfortable place to stay as they travel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our fitness center and utilize our business center as well was our hot breakfast. We look forward to your next visit when you travels bring you back to the area.
Milton Freewater, Oregon
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Facility was great, we've stayed here several times & find the rooms clean, good choice for breakfast. This trip we were traveling w three grands so the pool was a welcome relieve for them especially on a hit summer day & a very windy evening.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Erik B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us while traveling with your grandkids. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable place to stay and I am glad you got to enjoy our pool area. We look forward to your next visit.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am a seasoned traveler...an elite member with La Quinta returns and a firm supporter of LQ brand in general. This hotel is magnificent in many ways. I had one hiccup which slightly disrupted my night and sleeping which I will get into at the end of this review.

The parking lot is large with ample lighting. I have a black lab who travels with me and there were two designated dog walking areas that the hotel points out when checking in.

Check in was about an 8 minute wait while the group in front of me got there first. Only one person was manning the front desk which made it a little slow but no big deal. When I checked in, I was happily surprised to find they had upgraded me to a one bedroom suite (if you are an elite member, the hotels will do this if one is available and they need more basic rooms for non members).

The room was immaculate...great furniture, two large TVs with the living room have an oversized L-shaped couch which was super comfy and the bedroom in the back facing the front of the hotel. I did not have a view (my room literally only looked out to the roof of the overhang thing where the front doors are). The bath was nice and clean. I was exhausted after driving 10 hours that day and curled up on the couch to watch TV and eat dinner.

I have a condition in which my blood pressure is always abnormally low and I am constantly cold...even in 100 degree heat, my hands and feet are still cold. So, as usual, I turned on the heat to warm me up. Not two minutes after I sat down on the couch to eat and relax, the fire alarm went off in my room. The heater/air conditioning unit was churning out smoke and it smelled pretty awful. I turned the unit off immediately and called the front desk to alert them of the issue. The front desk lady and a maintenance worker came up to my room and they immediately smelled the smoke. The lady did something with my wall mounted temperature control unit while the guy looked at the heater/air conditioner. They said I could move to another room...but seeing as how I had just driven 10 hours, plus unloaded all my stuff, unpacked some of it and my dog was eating, I didnt want to move again (It was late too...maybe 9 or 10). I looked into the unit later after they left and saw a cheeto insie the grating and some cheese stuff down the front...maybe some little kid walked over to it and lost some of his snack inside and it burned when I turned on the heat. Who knows...I took a photo and will post it here.

Anyway, so after being scared out of my mind with the fire alarm going off, I got into bed soon after and fell asleep. They had given me one extra blanket to use when I told them I get cold easily but at around 3 am, I awoke shivering. I put on another pair of sweatpants and another sweatshirt...then another pair of socks. I eventually fell back asleep but I was again exhausted when I got to Vegas the next night.

All in all, a great hotel...probably one of the nicest LQ's I have stayed at in a long time and I would not hesitate to stay here again if I passed through on business or pleasure.

The location was great with many restaurants and shopping. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you can swing the suite, I highly recommend it!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Twin Falls. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the heating system in your room and appreciate you letting us know so that the problem can be corrected. I am pleased you find our location to your liking and we look forward to your stay with us when your travels bring you back to the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My two friends and I arrived at this hotel without a reservation, but had just left an evacuated Sun River...two hours away. We were lucky enough to get the last room with wonderful linens and a clean and spacious space. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient.

Breakfast was included and offered lot of choices. This hotel was in a central yet quiet location.
The mattresses were a little to soft, but the overall hotel was beautifully decorated and clean!.

Room Tip: If you have several folks, ask for the suite...two king beds...great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Erik B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your kind words concerning your stay with us. We work hard to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable place to stay along with a delicious hot breakfast served daily. I hope you will consider staying with us again under more pleasant circumstances if your travels bring you back to the area.
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Room was one of the biggest I've seen. Lots of floor space. Could have easily fit a couch, coffee table & a couple chairs in addition to the side chair & desk.

Frig, microwave, coffee in the room. Great shower. Nice bed with plenty of pillows to choose from.

Restaurants within walking distance.

Great breakfast, lots of choices. Eggs with ham & cheese, hash browns, French toast, bagels, toast, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit & waffles. All you could ask for for free!

• Stayed August 2013
Erik B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Twin Falls, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share you comments regarding your recent stay with us in Twin Falls. I am so glad you found our rooms to be spacious and our breakfast to be inviting. I hope you will join us again if your travels bring you back to the Twin Falls area.
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We chose this hotel because Twin Falls was the halfway point on our road trip, and we needed a pet friendly place as we were traveling with a cat. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, and the cleanliness - and no animal smell! The front desk staff were very friendly. Our nav system went out as we approached Twin Falls, so had to call for directions last minute and they were very helpful. Nice selection for breakfast as well - eggs and potatoes were particularly tasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I am so pleased you were able to get directions from my staff that helped you locate the hotel easily. We work hard to provide a great guest experience for all our guests along with their pets. I am so pleased you enjoyed our breakfast and we look forward to your next visit.