“A great discovery”
Review of Ma Residence

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tellin
Ma Residence
Ranked #1 of 1 Tellin B&B and Inns
Cambridge
“A great discovery”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Not far from the main road to Switzerland, this couldn't have been a better stopover. A warm welcome drink by the fire on a cold miserable January evening. Fascinating owner, who has a part share in an ancient river cruising boat in Senegal as well as photographic and other interests.

This restored farmhouse in the centre of the village feels like a town hall. It has an intriguing history revolving around bell founding, is spacious and well appointed.

We weren't disappointed in the dinner. High standard and interesting cooking. Breakfast was good, too. Just what a small hotel should be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed only one night here, but were very happy with our experience. We were greeted with a nice drink and a warm fire in the main room. Our room was very clean and comfortable (we stayed in the horse room). There are lots of wildlife photos all over the hotel that were actually taken by the owner. Very interesting couple with lots of fun stories.

The food was also quite good. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We spent a very pleasant night in this beautifully restored 18th century manor house in the centre of Tellin, just next to the church. It has a large park and a swimming pool which was well used on the sunny afternoon when we arrived. When the weather is nice, it is possible to have breakfast and dinner in the garden with a wonderful view of the park, the pool and the church next door.The rooms are both elegant and comfortable.
The owners Dan and Pascale are extremely friendly and welcoming and can provide you with detailed information about the region and propose routes for walking and driving.
We had a lovely dinner in the impressive dining-room and enjoyed our breakfast in the garden, with freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh bread and croissants from the local baker's.
This is one of the very best B and B's we have ever stayed in - highly recommended.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room at the back with a view of the garden - and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fellini250693
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Going away on my own, I had very specific requirements for my only break from the city this summer: hot weather, a proper swimming pool, a garden, possibility of table d'hote meals so I didn't have to go out if I didn't want to, restaurants nearby in case I did, and nature within walking distance. Wow, I hit the jackpot with Ma Residence! Every criteria was met -- and surpassed! OK, maybe I can't credit Dan and Pascale with the sunshine, but everything else was thanks to them, their exceptionally warm welcome, their beautiful house and garden and, not to be forgotten, their affectionate dog Eaton, who gets cuddles from everyone who walks in the door.
From the minute you arrive, you feel like an old friend. A welcome drink, a few stories, a few laughs, a drive through the countryside in Dan's Rolls with other guests and a dip in the pool. And all that's before dinner! Which is where Pascale shines brightest...the table, the meal and her warm service are all lovely. She went out of her way to make sure I had delicious lactose-free meals, which were accompanied by very nice wines -- both in generous quantities. We had a great mix of nationalities and languages around the table, which made my first night feel like attending a party with friends. The company was slightly less raucous the other nights but extremely friendly. We even had a teenager's birthday dinner in the vaulted cellar -- very atmospheric!
I stayed three nights and I would have been ecstatic to stay on if there'd been a room available! During the middle of one day I was the only guest around and had the entire pool and garden to myself. Sheer heaven! The day I left D&P recommended a drive to Mirwart with a lovely walk -- great advice! It was beautiful, despite a few raindrops.
Dan is a doting host with a big sense of humour and Pascale is a lovely hostess, with whom I enjoyed a couple of quiet, relaxed conversations. As a solo traveller, I have rarely been made to feel so welcome and comfortable -- truly well cared for. I very much appreciated their kindness and attention.
I've been raving about my utopic short break since before I even left so I can't recommend Ma Residence highly enough. I hope there's a night free after the busy summer so I can go back and visit. Merci beaucoup Dan and Pascale!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back, e.g. Colonies, have lovely view of garden and pool and get late afternoon sun. Al...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank WendyDL
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

What a place couldn't ask for better, would stay there for weeks, host were perfect, setting amazing , felt like I was in my own castle. Table d'hôte was excellent and breakfast was quality fresh croissant great coffee and again amazing service. I've traveled around the planet and stayed in great places this one is on my top 3.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Marc P
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed one night in this beautiful B&B, it was a las minute booking and there were no rooms left for the rest of the weekend, but would have loved to stay longer. Ma residence is a beautiful old mansion turned into a high quality guesthouse, with very comfortable bedrooms (-nice wooden floors, very crispy cotton bedding and powerful shower, we were staying in the smallest room of the house but felt it was perfectly fine-), and all kind of amenities such as a sauna, a small gym and a comfortable lounge area downstairs. The weather was perfect when we stayed here, so we spent most of the time in the lovely garden, with gorgeous pool. The lounge chairs in the pool area are so comfy, I didn't want to move.

The owners Dan and Pascale (and their 10 year old dog, spoiled by all guests) are the best hosts ever, extremely friendly, very interested, it's so rare to experience a welcome in the style they gave us. After Dan showed us our room we were handed a very tasty welcome drink (cocktail with orange and pinca colada) and then taken for a short ride in his Rolls royce, together with another guest, such a nice way to visit the surrounding country side.

Dinner and breakfast were served outside and both were very good. Dinner was a home cooked 3 course meal, generously served with champagne as an 'apero', good red wine and a coffee, all included in the meal price. Dan and Pascale joined us for a chat and had lots of interesting sagas to tell about the Ardennes, very entertaining. Apparently there are also some good restaurants in the area for people staying longer and interested in exploring the environment. Breakfast included fresh juice, all kinds of pastries from the village bakery, eggs with bacon and local jams.

Tellin is only an hour South of Brussels, the landscape is beautiful and we really felt 'away from it all'. I will definitely go back here, and stay for more nights in a row, it's the perfect place to relax after many weeks of hard work, highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MarNL
Waterloo, Belgium
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Imagine an impressive mansion in the middle of the village in one of the most beautiful areas in the Ardennes . Imagine the kindest hosts , Pascale and Dan , who will do eveything they can to make your stay unforgettable . Imagine gorgious rooms and vast bathrooms . Imagine a 1ha garden with a lovely pool . Stop dreaming , it can all become true at Ma Résidence in Tellin ,

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Colonies" room , overlooking the garden . Not the biggest , but lovely...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dirk D

Been to Ma Residence? Share your experiences!