“Wonderful Stay with Great Folks!”

Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 Swan Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I recently visited Hansen Silver Guest Ranch with two of our friends. It was my second visit, my husband's third visit and the first for our friends. Obviously we loved it because we keep returning. The breakfast Ann and Tom serve is the best I have ever had anywhere, home included! She serves a Southern style breakfast with Southern hospitality and charm included. My husband and friends fly fish, so they spend most of their day fishing...me? Find me relaxing in the cool shade under the trees reading a book or visiting Jackson for a change of pace. Next visit we will probably trailer our horses (they are a horse friendly property) and enjoy some of the trails nearby. Couldn't ask for a better experience. It is always the BEST! If you are headed to the Swan Valley area don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 12, 2012

A front porch on all of the cottages and the old barn beckoned us to sit and look out at buffalo, cattle, and horses grazing the surrounding meadows. We stayed in the old barn, remodeled in a wild-wild west style. The bed was cozy and the room decor charming. Up in the barn loft, sitting areas and tables
offered up a quiet place to read, watch TV. and catch up on unawswered emails.

At breakfast we sat in the breadfast house and sipped on coffee while Ann and her husband Tom cooked us breakfast. We ate fresh fruit, bisquits served with home made apricot preserves, smoked sausage, blueberry waffles and the only grits I have helped myself to seconds. Ann prepared her southern-syle creamy grits the first morning. Tom prepared his version; creamy and cheesy the second morning.

Hansen-Silver Ranch is an old-fashioned ranch that sits in the middle of the Swan Valley below the Tetan Mountains. Panoramic views of the Swan valley range surround the ranch. It is a peacful quiet get away not far from Jackson Hole Wyoming.

Room Tip: Large suite in the barn very spacious.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaBaTahoe
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped for one night at Tom and Ann's ranch and it was great! Tom is a very nice host with all kinds of suggestions and travel advice and a perfect breakfast was prepared by Ann the next morning. We would have stayed longer if our travel plans would have allowed it because of the relaxing surroundings of the ranch and nature around. The road from Swan Valley to Jackson is very beautiful and should not be missed.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
tom w, Owner at Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Fred and Sofie (their travel names while in the states) are newlyweds from the Netherlands, and it is exciting to see young professional couples from foreign countries traveling here in America. They are very well informed, polite and definitely appreciate the hospitality and scenery in our national parks and surrounding territories.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was tasked with hosting our statewide 2012 Fish & Game Administrative Assistant Meeting. It was suggested that I check out the Hansen Guest Ranch in Swan Valley, Idaho. I took a drive to visit the Guest Randch, and knew immediately that this was the perfect place for our meeting. From the very beginning, Ann and Tom were very accommodating. They worked within our budget, and included breakfast in the room rate. Ann cooked all of our meals and provided all of our break snacks and drinks. I didn't have to worry about anything, and was able to attend to the meeting agenda and schedule. The atmosphere provided a bonding of friendships among the group. All ladies were very happy and thrilled with the atmosphere, accommodations, and the beautiful mountain-view setting. I had comments that "this was the best administrative meeting these ladies had attended." Because of Tom and Ann's great hospitality, the accommodations of food and rooms, and the beautiful peaceful setting; I recommend this to be considered as the place for your next business meeting/retreat. Tom and Ann provided a stress free situation for me, and made me look good to my bosses and collegues. Tom and Ann are a great host and hostess who truly care about their guests. Consider the Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch for your next meeting.

Room Tip: The rooms in the barn are large and cozy. If you like history, there is a lot of History with this...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The owners, Tom and Ann, are helpful, personable, gracious, and wonderful people. They are hands-on owners: cooking, cleaning, lawn care, etc. etc. Very little of the work that needs done is hired out. The surroundings are spectacular. Price is very reasonable. Much less expensive than the high-priced towns up the road and much better! I highly recommend the place!

Room Tip: They have a variety of cabins and rooms; all of them are great!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I first discovered Swan Valley, ID as a 13 year old kid with my dad learning how to fly fish for native Yellowstone Cutthroats on the South Fork of the Snake River. Swan Valley holds a special place in my heart. After a 12 year absences, I returned to Swan Valley this Spring and stayed for the first time at the Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch. If you are in search of beauty, tranquility, cleanliness, and hospitality, look no further. Thank you Anne and Tom for a wonderful stay at you beautiful ranch set amongst the cottonwoods. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This was my first trip to Swan Valley and someone else made reservations for me at the Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch. I wasn't sure what to expect. Let me say, after spending three nights here, I would never stay anywhere else in this area. Comfort and cleanliness were tops! Hospitality was incredible! And Ann's Southern breakfast with grits is so good I can't wait to go back for more! If you go, ask Tom for some of his home grown rhubarb; it is excellent. The Swan Valley area, which includes the south fork of the Snake River, is an incredibly beautiful place with much to offer. When you add a place like Tom and Ann's Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch, its an unbeatable combination for relaxation, beauty and fun for anyone. I will be back!

Room Tip: The Wrangler cabin was my favorite, nestled under the aspens, with that great hammock out front!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
tom w, Owner at Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Phil - Thank you for the very kind words about our property and the hospitality here at the Hansen Guest Ranch. We hope that you, Travis and Michael come back again to enjoy the ranch, the fishing and the majestic vistas of Swan Valley.

Take care.

Tom & Ann

Been to Hansen-Silver Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!