“Beautiful restaurant”
Review of Gretchen's

Gretchen's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gretchen's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Sun Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Adjacent to the Lodge Lobby, Gretchen's Restaurant welcomes you with an relaxing indoor/outdoor feel with easy access for Terrace dining all day long. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and full bar service. Sun Valley's own Gretchen Fraser is the restaurant's namesake, the first American to win an Alpine Olympic Gold Medal.
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with nice views of skating rink. I had breakfast here twice - same thing both days! Spinach, mushroom cheese omelet with home fries. Excellent omelet. It was served with toast with homemade raspberry and peach jam. Yum!!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Due to being at the jazz festival and not wanting to leave, I ate four breakfasts, four lunches and a dinner there. Menu could be more varied for dinner, but food was decent and service excellent.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I were very impressed with the quality and presentation of the breakfast meal we ate at Gretchen's. It was reasonably priced and tasty. I particularly enjoyed the homemade bread and homemade jams (four different selections).

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Though the food and service were quite good, the best part was sitting outside on a lovely day watching the ice skaters. The ambience is fantastic, delightful, and adds a lot to the meal. Inside, it's a nice restaurant. I also appreciated the willingness of both our delightful waiter and the chefs to work with my food allergies and come up with a delicious sandwich that I could truly enjoy. I'll be back, when I can sit outside.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We ate dinner here, on the pation with a view on the ice-skating ring. Scott Hamilton was sitting at the next table with his wife and kid. The view was nice and it's a great photo opportunity, but the dinner was a bit below expectation. My wife's trout was ok and the goulash made me think of what a real goulash can taste like.