“Mixed experiences but the last one was great”
Review of The Roundhouse

The Roundhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roundhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Sun Valley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visited this place more than once. My first experience was a bit shaky - bad service, mediocre food. However, our last visit in March was great! Our food was delicious, service was friendly although a bit slow. Will definitely eat here again next season.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The gondola Ride up is great. The views are awsome and so much history to be opsorbed. We only had hamburgers, french fries and beer...It was sll good..You can't beart that wonderful mountain air.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

What is better than a super comfortable and sophisticated restaurant with beautiful views, great food and cocktails at a reasonable price? LOVE it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were 4 women on a midweek ski vacation, and we had decided that we couldn't ski Sun Valley without a stop for lunch at The Roundhouse. We had no reservations and were thrilled to be able to dine in the historic restaurant on the spur of the moment. It had been two days of blue sky and good snow, and this was our last day on the mountain. We so enjoyed the cheese fondue, soups and salads that were offered. My only comment would be for the restaurant to clearly know which of their foods do/do not have nuts. I have a nut allergy (nuts and nut oils) and took a chance and tasted the bread given to us. I immediately started to react, but luckily had just nibbled on the bread. The staff was very helpful in trying to learn about the ingredients, and inquired how I was feeling. Luckily I didn't go into a full blown reaction. It still was a wonderful lunch in a wonderful location that I won't forget.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

A spectacular setting with views over the Sawtooth mountains and access by gondola for foot passengers or by skis. Had a wonderful 3 table buffet lunch after a private ski race on the round house slope. There is a central fireplace with tables around the fireplace in a circle and ones on the outside of the room with windows having views of Seattle ridge and the Sawtooth mountains to the east over the roundhouse race slope. A beautiful area to view even if one doesn't eat. I have enjoyed having a luncheon there every year for the past 30 years. It has a great history of being one of the first buildings on the mountain and built in 1936.