Review Highlights
Good Nordic Skiing sgtill to be had

Despite what I read on prior reviews- Sun Valley still does a great job at their Nordic center... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
sam n
fairfax
Great place to dine, relax and ski

Even though mother nature hadn't yet been too generous with snow pack, the conditions were good and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
lainek804
Atlanta, Georgia

All reviews ice skating river run nordic center dollar mountain ski school no lift summer or winter nordic skiing mountain biking toy store tacos ski lodge soups ice shows bowling alley the main lodge best kept secret
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great setting easy to access. Staff are very frendly and ready to help. The location is great or access to all the local activities and public transport.

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank jimd927
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I went to Sun Valley recently to learn to ski again, and had terrific instructors.
The staff at the desk at the Dollar Mountain Lodge were more than helpful too.
And I ate lunch every day on the terrace in the sun, which is a great location for watching other skiiers and snowboarders.

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank arabella d
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We had a blast and skied/boarded 3 days at Baldy. We got tix from Liftopia and the ones with the food/beverage vouchers ended up being the best deal. The wife got the salmon at the Seattle Ridge lodge and loved it. Food there was typical mountain lodge pricing. However, our next two days of skiing we ate at the taco bar at Lookout. That was a fantastic value and we were both able to eat using just one of our $15 food vouchers (plus a tiny bit of cash). Two tacos were plenty for me and one for my wife. That left us with extra food vouchers that we used on our last day at the River Run lodge for apres DRINKS!!! woo-hoo. My new signature drink is a Huckleberry Lemon Drop made with 44 North Huckleberry Vodka (made in Idaho). My wife had a hot cocoa made with salted carmel vodka that was great and she was getting a little buzz after just one. She was happy.

We enjoyed the runs at Baldy although there wasn't a ton of fresh snow. They did a good job grooming, and when it's clear, we certainly enjoy ourselves some fast groomers. Interesting of the ratings on Baldy. There were definitely some things rated as "green" that were easily blues on Mt Hood where we're from. It wasn't a problem as I can ride any degree of difficulty, but just an observation of how they put their trail ratings together.

We can't wait to go back next year!!!

Date of experience: February 2014
Reviewed February 16, 2014

You are taken care of your whole trip by very kind and courteous people. Skiing is always good since they make snow on the major runs! The hot pool is amazing!..........

Date of experience: February 2014
1  Thank vacakelly
Reviewed January 8, 2014

One of the biggest mistakes the resort made last year was stopping Sunday Brunch! I have just heard that it is back on the schedule this year, and we will be going on Sunday!

Date of experience: December 2013