“No better guides for the Salmon River” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sawtooth Adventure Company - Day Trips

Sawtooth Adventure Company - Day Trips
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Stanley
More attraction details
Owner description: Sawtooth Adventure Company and Rocky Mountain River tours merged in 2012 to offer the best in Idaho Adventure Tours! Located in the outdoor adventure mecca of Stanley Idaho. SAC/Rocky offers the best in Wilderness Rafting Trips and Adventure Tours in the Rocky Mtn west!. Join SAC/Rocky and explore the famous Middle Fork of the Salmon, River of No Return and top-shelf 1-day family rafting adventures, guided mtn biking and Float Fly Fishing in the magical Sawtooth Valley.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“No better guides for the Salmon River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

My two sons and I went on a half-day inflatable kayak tour of the main branch of the Salmon River with Sawtooth Adventure Co. Troy, our guide was absolutely excellent, from the moment we drove up and he gave us very personal attention in the preparations, to the on-river guiding -- and of course, the fabulous lunch they had prepared and served for us. I will admit, riding the river in mid-August is more of a family affair (there were some families rafting alongside our kayak group) so my sons (ages 17 and 21) were left wanting for more thrills than the 2 sets of real rapids (Class 3?) and mostly Class 2s that we experienced. The inflatable kayaks were surprisingly fun, since were were hoping to rent hard shells. All in all, it was a fun day, and Sawtooth Adventure aptly and professionally made it accessible.

1 Thank Peter J

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a group of 8 that went white water rafting. The staff at SAC suggested some kayaks when we called about pricing. They didnt charge extra at all for them and were very friendly. Would recommend them to anyone!!

Ardmore, Oklahoma
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Half-day Kayak Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My sister and I did a half-day inflatable kayak trip with Sawtooth Adventure Co. last week and it was fabulous. Heidi was our guide and she was not only a great guide but very knowledgeable and helpful about the area in general. The scenery was great and the water ranged from exciting to peaceful and laidback...you should definitely do this if you are in the area.

1 Thank Melanie347
Crystal Bay, Nevada
“Time of your life GUARANTEED!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Wow! Stanley, Idaho and the Salmon River! For the first time in my life I have found a place that is more beautiful and more breathtaking than Tahoe. Everyone loves a great vacation with lots of fun activities and Sawtooth Adventure Company in lower Stanley really delivers! Skilled, knowledgeable, friendly, experienced, and FUN guides made my day of rafting down the Salmon incredible! Lunch was delicious and the cookies were the best I’ve ever had! Every minute was an adventure leaving me smiling the entire time! I’ve had such an amazing time rafting with SAC that I can’t wait to come back!

Visited July 2012
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
“Best trip ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just got back from a 4-day rafting trip down the Salmon River. This was a father-son trip (my son is 7) and we went 71 miles down the Salmon through some of the most remote area in the U.S. I can't say enough about how amazing it was. The guides are great and they really take care of you. The food is delicious. SAC is just the best. My son and I both had a blast. An exceptional experience and we're going back and doing this again with SAC next year. Highly highly recommended.