“Time of your life GUARANTEED!!”

Sawtooth Adventure Company
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Stanley
More attraction details
Owner description: Sawtooth Adventure Company and Rocky Mountain River tours merged in 2012 to offer the best in Idaho Adventure Tours! Located in the outdoor adventure mecca of Stanley Idaho. SAC/Rocky offers the best in Wilderness Rafting Trips and Adventure Tours in the Rocky Mtn west!. Join SAC/Rocky and explore the famous Middle Fork of the Salmon, River of No Return and top-shelf 1-day family rafting adventures, guided mtn biking and Float Fly Fishing in the magical Sawtooth Valley.
Crystal Bay, Nevada
“Time of your life GUARANTEED!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Wow! Stanley, Idaho and the Salmon River! For the first time in my life I have found a place that is more beautiful and more breathtaking than Tahoe. Everyone loves a great vacation with lots of fun activities and Sawtooth Adventure Company in lower Stanley really delivers! Skilled, knowledgeable, friendly, experienced, and FUN guides made my day of rafting down the Salmon incredible! Lunch was delicious and the cookies were the best I’ve ever had! Every minute was an adventure leaving me smiling the entire time! I’ve had such an amazing time rafting with SAC that I can’t wait to come back!

Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
“Best trip ever!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just got back from a 4-day rafting trip down the Salmon River. This was a father-son trip (my son is 7) and we went 71 miles down the Salmon through some of the most remote area in the U.S. I can't say enough about how amazing it was. The guides are great and they really take care of you. The food is delicious. SAC is just the best. My son and I both had a blast. An exceptional experience and we're going back and doing this again with SAC next year. Highly highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
SLC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Rafting, Great People, Excellent Experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

You can go down a river with anyone, but with Sawtooth you EXPERIENCE the river. The guides are attentive, fun, knowledgeable and friendly. After doing river trips with friends for a decade, going with a guide like SAC - where you can leave the logistics to the pros - is the way to float. More time to enjoy the reason you came here in the first place!
Even after our trip was over SAC treated us like family - trail advice for mountain biking, food recommendations and even let us borrow some essential gear we (well, I) left at home for the rest of our stay in Stanley.
We went as a couple, but what made Sawtooth shine above other companies is that a family, other couples, single folks or business groups could have easily fit aboard. The guides really make the difference. They are truly the nails and glue of a trip and the important dynamic you share for 5 days in the wilderness.
It's not every day or every year you go on a river trip - we are so glad we chose Sawtooth Adventure Company for this once in a lifetime experience.
Thank you!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Fantastic Trip on the Main Salmon River”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

What an amazing five-day trip we had in mid-July down the Salmon. Couldn't have had better weather - not too hot, and just a couple of thunderstorms to make it interesting, and virtually no bugs. Plenty of opportunity to use the two-man or one-man kayaks plus the stand-up boards. The hot spring was fantastic, and Buckskin Bill's fortress was pretty cool. The meals, of course, were continually amazing. We couldn't possibly have had better guides that Mike and Thomas -super competent, helpful and friendly - and they got us hooked on Kubb! :) Sawtooth Adventure Co provided everything - just show up. All the best, Bill

Ellicott City, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“SAC Exceeded Expectations Again”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and 11 year old son just completed our second trip down the Salmon with SAC on the annual kids trip. Last year my son cried the trip was over as soon as we got back to our hotel in Boise. At the completion of the trip this year he started crying immediately upon getting on the flight out of Mackey Bar and begged me to agree to come back next year. Jared, Jenna, Thomas, Michael, Stella and Carl did a great job and the river is already calling us back!

1 Thank irieal