“THE Local Breakfast Place!”
Review of Stanley Baking Co.

Stanley Baking Co.
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Stanley
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Enumclaw, Washington
“THE Local Breakfast Place!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I were in Stanley over a weekend and, even though it was mid-September and a gray, wet, and cool Saturday morning, the Stanley Bakery was packed with people. We did not need breakfast, but I did need my morning latte. We ventured in and I was not disappointed. Surprisingly, it did not take very long to get our drinks and we were on our way.

Monday morning on our way out of town, again not needing breakfast, but wishing we did, we once again stopped for lattes. There were only a few diners and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxed. I do wish I had had room in my tummy for breakfast because it all looked and smelled wonderful. My husband did buy a cinnamon roll and it was excellent. :)

I am most definitely looking forward to having breakfast there the next time we are in Stanley!

• Visited September 2013

Berkeley
“Good food, unfriendly service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I know I'm probably in a minority, because the Stanley Bakery is overall pretty good--but I give it only 3 stars because of the counter help. I stood in line for 20 minutes to get a baked good to go--you stand in line with everyone ordering anything from a simple drink to multiple breakfasts--and when I asked the woman a couple of questions, she snarled at me about holding up the line! No smile, no good morning, no thank you. Other folks were a bit nicer but this just turned me off completely. The food is good but please, just a smile and a thank you would do!

• Visited July 2013
Bellvue, Colorado
“Great small town cafe”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is THE breakfast place in Stanley. Locals and visitors make this a busy place every morning. Hearty meals and good service.

Visited September 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We have only had breakfast here but wish we could try the lunches. The breakfasts are generous and tasty! The pancakes are the real deal, not mention the baked goods and egg dishes. Be sure to get there before they open at 7am if you need to be on your way early! The line can be out the door by 7:15! This place would be popular anywhere, not just in this tiny town!

Visited August 2013
Thousand Oaks
“Lunch is good too”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This tiny place is known for it's breakfasts, but lunch is very good too. Creative sandwiches, a cheerful staff and a nice porch on which to eat. We enjoyed talking to the staff and other guests while we munched our lunch.

Visited August 2013

Been to Stanley Baking Co.? Share your experiences!