“Wish I could live there...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanley
Redfish Riverside Inn
Boise, Idaho
“Wish I could live there...”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My experience with the Riverside has been nothing BUT positive. There is no better place, other than a riverside camp site, to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the environment. The upper deck is well worth the extra $. The rooms are well taken care of, beds super comfortable and everything is as clean as I would expect. I have been in 4 star major metropolitan hotels that could take notes from the staff at the Riverside regarding cleanliness and comfort. I appreciate even more that the owners take such pride in the property and are so protective of the overall experiece of ALL the guests. It is not at all the setting for a "PAAARRRRTTY! Rustic charm and peaceful surroundings are definitely worth repeat reservations. The guests who are truly appreciative of this are respectful of others' experiences. Kudos to Patti and Frank for maintaining a "get away" environment and ambiance. I will return,especially since the commute to my job would be way too long...... if I did live there....sigh.

Room Tip: Nothing beats being on the upper deck, enjoying a beverage and communing with nature right before yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed at the Riverside several times. I travel to Stanley on both business and pleasure. The hotel is clean, quiet, nicely appointed and well maintained. There is a large deck that guests can enjoy overlooking the Salmon River and with great views of the Sawtooth Mtns. As kayakers float by we always wave. I have come to know the owners well and have seen them deal with riff-raff. People that travel to Stanley on vacation sometimes feel that they can get away with otherwise, unacceptable behavior just because they are far from home. I appreciate that the owners ensure that when I go to Stanley to relax, I can.

Room Tip: There are two portions of the hotel. One on the River and one on the opposite side of the highway, a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank joe g
santa monica
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My second visit to the Riverside Motel in Stanley was even better than my first. The owner, Patti, was able to accommodate a late change in plan flawlessly while still giving me a room in the main building right on the river on the gorgeous 2nd level with a large shared balcony (the 4 upstairs rooms share the upstairs balcony with each room having a table and 4 chairs allocated to them directly outside their door on the balcony) right on the west bank of the Salmon River. The downstairs rooms have a slightly deeper balcony, but I will take the upstairs anytime I can get it. Facing east, the morning light streams in but the best is the afternoon sitting upstairs in the shade (beverage in hand) watching osprey, bald eagles, hawks and other birds working the river and its surrounding banks. The rooms are well equipped with a kitchenette that includes a sink, 4 burner electric range and a small refrigerator. The sink faucet has a PUR water filter to remove the somewhat disagreeable taste found in the local drinking water. There is geothermal activity nearby and the town does not filter it out, so I am glad that Patti installed these filters. This time I had a room with 2 queen beds with lots of pillows and plenty of blankets since I was traveling with my adult son. For my previous stay, I had a king bed. Both were really comfortable but nothing can beat the sound of the place as the Salmon River rushes downstream over rounded river rock all day and night long drowning out any highway noise or neighbors. I will go back as often as I can. They have 3 or 4 different buildings so be sure to ask for the one that is right on the water. There is nothing like it anywhere around.

It is a short 5 minute walk from The Riverside Motel to the town of Stanley (population 67) where there are several places to eat and stock-up on camping/hiking supplies.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have never slept in a more comfortable bed- it's a guaranteed good night's sleep. We intended to stay one night and camp but ended up staying three nights. Be sure to reserve the rooms facing the river. The patio is such great place to sit and relax, you may not want to leave your chair. We found the kitchenette to be convenient. The motel is a few minutes walk to the small town of Stanley, a beautiful place at the base of the Sawtooth Mts. We highly recommend the Riverside Motel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are quite nice
1 Thank Alpinehiker
Middleton, Idaho, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I found the Riverside in my travels as a salesman. Every time I stayed I called my wife and told her how fantastic the place was. Our 25 yr anniversary came along June 20, and I made reservations at the Riverside. I let her open the door knowing she'd feel extremely welcomed by the place. She raved and we enjoyed a spectacular evening/night watching the river, the cattle, and the sun climb the eastern hill as the sun set.

The next morning I listened to her go on and on about the comfortable bed, the fireplace, and nik naks not usually found in motels.

Patti and Frank are outstanding hosts.

Room Tip: I like upstairs, so I don't hear footsteps, also, the king size beds are phenomenal!
Conisbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We traveled from Whitefish MT to Salt Lake City through the mountains. On the two week trip this was the most beautiful place we stayed. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated with top line beds and coverings. Rates are the best you will find, worth more than you will pay. Folks were super helpful in helping us plan the remainder of our trip. Will return !!!!!!

If you like the outdoors this place is for you.

1 Thank Gary H
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great Rooms with the most Comfortable Beds, Great Hosts, Great Views. I was very impressed and WILL BE BACK! Thanks Frank and Patti for creating such a great place. I will be seeing you again soon :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanley
Valley Creek Lodge
Valley Creek Lodge
#3 of 4 in Stanley
The Village Inn Motel & Restaurant
Mountain Village Resort
Mountain Village Resort
#6 of 10 in Stanley

Been to Redfish Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!