Redfish Riverside Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Stanley
See available hotels
    Good 3.5/5
    • Restaurant
    Northgate Inn(Challis)
    Average 3/5
    Pioneer Motel & RV Park(Challis)
    Excellent 5/5
    • Pool
    All reviewsthe riversalmonpastrylovely spotroom with queen bedssawtooth mountainsstocked with dishesend unitshared decksmall kitchenettesecond floorthese folksbeautiful viewclean roomsvisiting stanleylovely roomrustic charm
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed July 20, 2012

My second visit to the Riverside Motel in Stanley was even better than my first. The owner, Patti, was able to accommodate a late change in plan flawlessly while still giving me a room in the main building right on the river on the gorgeous 2nd level with a large shared balcony (the 4 upstairs rooms share the upstairs balcony with each room having a table and 4 chairs allocated to them directly outside their door on the balcony) right on the west bank of the Salmon River. The downstairs rooms have a slightly deeper balcony, but I will take the upstairs anytime I can get it. Facing east, the morning light streams in but the best is the afternoon sitting upstairs in the shade (beverage in hand) watching osprey, bald eagles, hawks and other birds working the river and its surrounding banks. The rooms are well equipped with a kitchenette that includes a sink, 4 burner electric range and a small refrigerator. The sink faucet has a PUR water filter to remove the somewhat disagreeable taste found in the local drinking water. There is geothermal activity nearby and the town does not filter it out, so I am glad that Patti installed these filters. This time I had a room with 2 queen beds with lots of pillows and plenty of blankets since I was traveling with my adult son. For my previous stay, I had a king bed. Both were really comfortable but nothing can beat the sound of the place as the Salmon River rushes downstream over rounded river rock all day and night long drowning out any highway noise or neighbors. I will go back as often as I can. They have 3 or 4 different buildings so be sure to ask for the one that is right on the water. There is nothing like it anywhere around.

It is a short 5 minute walk from The Riverside Motel to the town of Stanley (population 67) where there are several places to eat and stock-up on camping/hiking supplies.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
    Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have never slept in a more comfortable bed- it's a guaranteed good night's sleep. We intended to stay one night and camp but ended up staying three nights. Be sure to reserve the rooms facing the river. The patio is such great place to sit and relax, you may not want to leave your chair. We found the kitchenette to be convenient. The motel is a few minutes walk to the small town of Stanley, a beautiful place at the base of the Sawtooth Mts. We highly recommend the Riverside Motel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river are quite nice
    1  Thank Alpinehiker
    Reviewed June 26, 2012

I found the Riverside in my travels as a salesman. Every time I stayed I called my wife and told her how fantastic the place was. Our 25 yr anniversary came along June 20, and I made reservations at the Riverside. I let her open the door knowing she'd feel extremely welcomed by the place. She raved and we enjoyed a spectacular evening/night watching the river, the cattle, and the sun climb the eastern hill as the sun set.

The next morning I listened to her go on and on about the comfortable bed, the fireplace, and nik naks not usually found in motels.

Patti and Frank are outstanding hosts.

Room Tip: I like upstairs, so I don't hear footsteps, also, the king size beds are phenomenal!
    Reviewed June 15, 2012

We traveled from Whitefish MT to Salt Lake City through the mountains. On the two week trip this was the most beautiful place we stayed. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated with top line beds and coverings. Rates are the best you will find, worth more than you will pay. Folks were super helpful in helping us plan the remainder of our trip. Will return !!!!!!

If you like the outdoors this place is for you.

1  Thank Gary H
    Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great Rooms with the most Comfortable Beds, Great Hosts, Great Views. I was very impressed and WILL BE BACK! Thanks Frank and Patti for creating such a great place. I will be seeing you again soon :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo