All reviews private bath own bathroom cozy room best restaurant in town sister company schnitzel oatmeal pancakes stanley baking co rustic hotel every morning king bed amazing food stay there again river rafting clean rooms sun valley two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Top Notch!

Have always wanted to stay at the Sawtooth Hotel and it was everything that I could
have imagined. And the food....the food was amazing, absolutely amazing!!!

The only thing that I regret, is that I didn't stay sooner~

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I really don’t know where to start. Let’s do good first. Super nice service on the reservation and confusion which was my fault. Finally arrived. Very nice host and waitress. Dinner was fantastic. I had fillet mignon my hubby salmon. Delicious.
Now the bad
Travel 400 miles and told they don’t do reservations. So had to eat right at opening because they did reservations for locals and that totaled most tables Menus was scarce. Couples by our table had kids. No kid items on the menu. They had to buy an entree. Or one half entree. Rooms horrible. For price would have paid more like 25$ and get way better. Loud small. And carpet dirty. No amenities at all. Pictures showed beautiful water right by it. Walked all over. None near. A lot around other hotels. Won’t stay again but will eat again at our convenience or go elsewhere. When people travel they need to know they can reserve dinner. No personal touch to your stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2019

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 1 night in a king with private bath (room #9). When signing in, the front desk person told us it was the best room in house. The room itself was average size with a king and nice modern bathroom. Very clean, fairly quiet (I could hear the person in the next room when they sneezed loudly, but not otherwise). I was able to peek into other rooms and they looked small. The bed was comfortable. The wi-fi worked well too.

Stanley is a small, quaint, walk-able town. We went to 4 different restaurants/saloons to check them all out. One of those was just a bar (no food) - so we asked her opinion where to eat. She told us for great food - eat at the Sawtooth Hotel restaurant (only place she will eat in town). We weren't looking for a big meal, told her we were looking more for a sandwich - so she pointed us elsewhere (separate review).

If I were ever in Stanley again - and I could get the same room, I would stay here again. I don't think I would stay in the other rooms.

Room tip: Room #9 is a king room with a private bath on a corner. Reasonably quiet.
Reviewed September 1, 2019

Dinner was fantastic! Smoked pork belly appetizer was particularly memorable. Wish we had room left for dessert. And we loved breakfast (with real maple syrup) at the bakery.

But I can't say the same about the room. The rooms are above the bar, and every sound carries clearly. We could not sleep until after 11:30. Also, I guess "cozy" is hotel-speak for "tiny". Frankly, in retrospect, I think we would have eaten the prepaid reservation and moved to the Mountain Village (where we stayed the next night) if we could have

Room tip: Not sure there are any good rooms on a night the bar is open, but be aware that only two have private bath.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 18, 2019

We did NOT stay in the hotel but had dinner two nights in a row at the Sawtooth Hotel sitting outdoors while listening to great local music.First night my husband and I each had the Cobb salads and the second night we split the schnitzel. The bacon/date appetizer was incredible -- the foccacia also wonderful. Same server both nights - Gina -- was very good!

Date of stay: August 2019