“A diamond in the ruff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Elk Mountain Resort Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Stanley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is listed as an RV resort, but I notice most of the reviews aren't about the park -- they are about the restaurant. After dining here this weekend, I think it deserves a place among restaurants as well (it was very good).
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A diamond in the ruff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Pot Belly Cafe at the RV resort is a real find. Went there for breakfast and dinner. Try the pancakes, you won't beleive them. Ribs were great for dinner also. Most of all, prices are very reasonable and staff friendly, easy to get seated as opposed to a lot of places in Stanley. This place is located a little outside town but worth the short drive.
I was there on a fishing trip and very highly recommend this place for breakfast and dinner.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Southsider62

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great ribs and chicken. Our waitress had a wonderful attitude and made our dinner a lot more fun. Don't forget to save room for the pie!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Dante97444
Boise, Idaho
“Good Food and Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just had a nice dinner there, the dark meat quarter chicken and baked potato. Coffee is complimentary. The menu choices are diverse and try to come early on the evenings they serve prime rib, The restaurant fills up early. The prime rib is excellent. Wine is served in airplane bottles or normal 750ml bottles. The varieties are ok and not pricey either. You won't be finding Chateauneuf du Pape but if a Woodbridge Merlot is ok for you you'll be fine. The servers are pleasant and the conversation is too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joe g
Montrose, Colorado
“Great Steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The place is very casual and the locals like it. Food was good and the pricing was reasonable too. Rustic interior and a bit home spun. We'll be back.

Visited July 2013
Caldwell, Idaho, United States
“High country treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stopped at Elk Mountain Resort Restaurant on a whim when the weather closed in on us and forced us to postpone a hike into the Sawtooths. Wow, were we pleasantly surprised! I do believe that this was the best barbecue food I had ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot. I ordered the baby back ribs and 1/4 chicken combo. I understand these were St. Louis style ribs. I don't know about that, but they were beyond delicious. The chicken was perfectly done, too. Along with that were some excellent vegetables, and I went all out and ordered a bowl of the ham and bean soup. No kidding, I would drive all the way up to Stanley again just for more of that soup.
Waitresses and management were friendly and attentive. The decor is very clever and appropriate for the mountain setting, and everything was very clean. Coffee and tea were free; just help yourself.
All in all I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. It's almost four hours to the restaurant from where we live, but I think I'll try to make another trip up there just for lunch this summer. Be aware that the restaurant isn't actually in Stanley, but three or four miles back to the west on Highway 21. Also, if I remember aright, they are closed on Mondays.
So jump in your car, enjoy the beautiful drive up to the Stanley Basin and the spectacular scenery when you arrive. But save time to stop at the Elk Mountain Resort Restaurant for lunch or dinner. Get there early; it's popular!

• Visited June 2013