Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Hunt with Mystic Saddle Ranch

I went with Mystic Saddle Ranch on a Elk hunt last October. I had never been on a guided hunt... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
GaryPlumlee
Winter Elk Hunt

A glorious place to chase elk. This was my seventh year hunting with Mat / Mystic Saddle, and it's... read more

Reviewed December 21, 2018
texVL-

All reviews hour ride elk hunt fantastic morning redfish lake a lot of fun horseback riding anyone who wants an amazing experience shelby horses riders trail lakes scenery geology meadows guide
Reviewed June 25, 2018

What a fantastic morning riding horseback along the Sawtooth ridgeline! Those VIEWS! Mystic Saddle Ranch was recommended to us by the adventure concierge at Redfish Lake Lodge, and wow, the young man was right when he suggested a morning ride along the ridgeline! 1.5 hours in the saddle is just right if you want to continue to be able to do other activities during your trip. ;) We've done horseback riding excursions in other northwest locations (Yellowstone, etc.), but this one was by far the best we've done. I expected 15 horses, trailing along a basic path, but what we got was so much more than that! We were warmly greeted when we arrived and were immediately saddled up with appropriate horses. With just 5 riders in our group, plus our guide, Shelby, it was just the right size to feel a bit more "authentic" than just your standard trail ride. We set out right away, and within minutes we were surrounded by the beauty of the Sawtooths. We trailed along winding paths up toward the ridgeline with the beautiful Sawtooth wilderness as the backdrop. SO gorgeous! The trails were somewhat tricky, with narrow paths and many large rocks in the the way, making it necessary for the horses to navigate them (authentic!), but we never felt unsafe. It was quiet and serene along the way, with the horses remaining calm and responsive, and Shelby checking in on all of us as she guided us to the top. Wow ... the VIEWS!! It was like something out of a movie scene, surveying the meadows and lakes below, with the gorgeous Sawtooths so close you could seemingly touch them. Absolutely breathtaking! If you're in the area, you must give this a try. A bucket list item in my opinion!

Date of experience: June 2018
RebekahCain, Owner at Redfish Lake Corrals- Mystic Saddle Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Wow! What an awesome review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this about our corral. We are so glad that you had such a great ride with Shelby! We hope that you will come back and do an overnight trip with us sometime. Thanks again!

Reviewed June 16, 2018

We had a great time on our 1.5 hour trail ride. Our guide, Shelby, was wonderful and the scenery was spectacular. I took my 11 and 8-year-old children with me and they loved the experience, even though they had not been horseback riding at all before. I found all of the ladies who worked there to be very pleasant, knowledgeable, and willing to answer any question we had. I would definitely do this again with Redfish Lake Corrals.

Date of experience: June 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review! We are so glad that you and your kiddos enjoyed their ride with Shelby. We hope that you will come back and ride with us again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2018

It had been over 30 years since my husband and I had been on a horse - just like riding a bike! Our guide, Shelby, was very knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. We had a fantastic ride and did not expect to go to the elevation we did, nor see the beautiful sites. Picturesque and jaw-dropping! Shelby really made the trip that much more fun!

Date of experience: June 2018
RebekahCain, Owner at Redfish Lake Corrals- Mystic Saddle Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this review! We are so glad that you enjoyed the views and your ride with Shelby. We appreciate your business and hope that you will come ride with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Shelby was an awesome guide. We absolutely loved the views and the horses! We rode for an hour and a half and it was perfect.

Date of experience: May 2018

We are so glad that you enjoyed your ride with Shelby! She is a great guide and we are lucky to have her on our team. Please come out and see us again!

Reviewed April 9, 2018

I enjoyed a great afternoon in the mountains on horseback. The trip was amazingly beautiful and the guide was educational on the local environment, flora, fauna and geology. I recommend riding with this company.

Date of experience: July 2017

Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your ride with us! Please come out and see us again soon!