“Great place, great run!”
Review of Redfish Lake Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stanley
Redfish Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stanley
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We spent Memorial Day weekend at Redfish and participated in their Memorial Run 10k. We had a nice little cabin, very clean, cute, warm and cozy. The staff goes out of their way to be welcoming and helpful in every way. The views are incredible, the lodge is great, and a big shout out to Trey and Jen in the lounge-you guys are awesome! I told my husband we will have to make this a yearly tradition, I had never been here before but now I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a stand alone cabin but I have heard that the side by side cabins can be quite noisy if...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Redfish Lake Lodge

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The lake, the view, the woods, the air. The real attraction here is not the building, it's the place. But what a place! I've come here on and off for half a century. The hiking trails range from very easy (go 2 miles up fishhook to the beaver dams in meadow on the edge of the wilderness area) to strenuous (take the trail from the trailhead at the other end of the lake and go up to the pass-- this requires a boat ride from the lodge to the trail head) The lodgings are not "luxury" as that term has come to be used.... but they are very clean and comfortable. It's not quite "America as it used to be" -- but it's close. You will be happy sitting on the porch with an adult beverage relaxing and enjoying the view or getting out and hiking, boating, or biking. The dining room has a new chef and the food has improved dramatically. It's gone from good to very good. The beach area is very kid friendly. Note: No dogs. I checked "excellent" for swimming pool because you can't beat the clear (but cold) water of a mountain lake. A constructed pool in this location would be a sin. The same for "fitness center". Using a machine to exercise would make no sense when you can exercise the old fashioned way in the natural environment.

Room Tip: Ask when reserving -- there are a range of options depending on your preferences.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vandal72
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Redfish Lake & the Sawtooth mountains that rise up sharply beyond the lake from the cabins & lodge is truly spectacular. I stayed in one of many cute log cabins that surround the lodge building. If luxury lodging is a top-priority this may not be the place to stay. Although the cabin was comfortable it had a campy feel with rugged & rather plain furnishings - no wow factor.
Interesting story: within 10 minutes of arrival when I made the second trip to my car parked 30 feet from the cabin door I discovered someone had placed a black fire district hat on top of my luggage still in the car! No one appeared to be around, yet someone must have been watching. Being a little spooked out about this I awoke in the night hearing footsteps cross the cabin's front porch; the vibration through the cabin logs woke me up. Next evening after seeing several deer grazing within feet of the cabin I knew that was what had tromped across my deck rather than some human out to scare me!
Since my visit was at the end of the season I found the area quite quiet, which would not be the case during the peak summer season. All in all my visit was pleasant. Another time I would probably hike the trails & enjoy the lake during the day with lodging accommodations somewhere else.

Room Tip: I'd ask for one of the most seculuded cabins is quiet is important.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FrancesinIdaho
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was lucky enough to come here for a work trip, and I couldn't have been more pleased. The setting is absolutely gorgeous, and I love rustic lodges. And yes, it is rustic. The room I had (in the lodge) was small and not very fancy, but it was only about $67 a night (shoulder season) and I wasn't expecting much. A large group of us had dinner and breakfast in the lodge, and the food was great and the service was good. There are boats to rent, a boat shuttle to a lake-end trailhead, a unique run of fish and lots of wildlife. This place doesn't have the sterility and luxury of a major hotel chain, but if you like rusticity and the outdoors, I highly recommend it. I plan to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Portlandjen
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Visited this restaurant with family. The service was fantastic. The food quality very nice. The atmosphere relaxing and outside views extraordinary. The prices were fair for the location and quality provided. I would recommend this place if you are visiting the Stanley area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Antio A
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A beautiful setting but not as tranquil as we had hoped. Definitely would NOT recommend staying in their Pinerest Lodge. Plumbing extremely noisy, walls paper thin and no coffee making facility. Certainly for the price the worst lodging we have stayed in during our travels around the States.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jill L
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Mature couple and married daughter. We found the cabin much as expected from the reviews - basic and clean. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable and only one blanket provided - no quilt either. This is definately not enough with the temperature freezing outside. We found the heating was either on or off - thermostat didnt seem to work. There was a microwave but absolutely no cups, jugs or anything to heat anything or kettle or coffee maker. Who doesnt want to sit and enjoy a hot cup of something in their cabin? It was NOT explained on the web site that no cooking is allowed in the cabins. The restaurant we found slow service but the food was good but expensive - well they have got you havnt they? The next restaurant is way back in Stanley. We found reception very brash and 'couldnt -care- less ' attitude. All this was worth it to be out by the lake at sunrise at 7.30 a.m.

Room Tip: Book a solo cabin if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family