“Great coffee, sandwiches, ice cream, and free internet too!”

Spirit Lake Books & Coffee Cafe'
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Spirit Lake, Idaho, United States
“Great coffee, sandwiches, ice cream, and free internet too!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is my favorite hangout in Spirit Lake. I'm a frequent visitor, and the food, coffee, and service are all excellent. Don't let anyone from TX try to tell you the bagels aren't NY style either. They are not the tough chewy "donuts" you get at most places. They are soft and fresh with a variety of yummy flavors. Add some turkey and provolone or lox, and you've got a great sandwich for lunch. If you need some free internet to catch up on mail or news, that's available as well. Internet isn't quite as common in the small towns of northern Idaho as in big cities, so that is a real benefit. It's a nice friendly and cozy place to stop, winter or summer.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank David G

Harlingen, Texas
“Needs a lot of help!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Not sure if we caught the owner on a bad day or not. This guy is probably one of the most obnoxious, arrogant individuals I have ever met where customer service is concerned. Advertises NY Style Bagels, but will not sell you a dozen.......won't even sell you a half dozen. I should have walked at this point, but really wanted to try their bagels. Well, I shouldn't have wasted my money. They definitely aren't NY style. The only reason I rated their food as average is because they do have good ice cream. They have definitely lost a future customer. I could have overlooked the not NY style bagels and just returned for the ice cream, however, the attitude of the owner will keep me from ever returning.

1 Thank billb1959