“Reminds you of home!”
Review of Caribou Lodge

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soda Springs
Caribou Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Soda Springs
“Reminds you of home!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

While I have stayed in maaaany a hotel with better amenities through work, this motel wasn't just a place to put up. Heads up: simply put, the town of Soda Springs is not Hollywood quality so if you are accustomed to commuting, and your tastes require refinery, then stay in the nearby town Pocatella. Otherwise, at least drop in at the Caribou Lodge, they are very accommodating. Mind you, the beds were a tiny bit swayed on a bad back and the rooms were on the small side, but everything here is well cared for. I was impressed with the service, the wifi/cable/complimentary coffee for a $39/night room and the home-town smile from the owner when you asked for ridiculous things corporate America would scoff at. The sheets looked newer and the blankets were comfortable and soft, plenty of storage and your own private access to the parking lot as well as the inner corridor. Charming grass out back. Easy to find. Hours are 6am-10pm, although I think they still answer late if its imperative. If travels bring me back this way, I will stay here again, but next time with some flowers in hand for the kind couple who own it!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Haileyhulse

Families
Business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I reserved a room here for myself and two friends. To my surprise I was placed in the same room I had stayed in 15 years previous. The only change was that a small table had been taken out and a bed placed in the space. Two beds in a room meant for one made it impossible to move, much less find a place for our luggage. And it appeared as if the room had not been cleaned since then. The ceiling fan was is such disrepair that I feared it would fall but as it was the only circulation, as the temperature neared 90 INSIDE, we had to leave it on and leave the front door open. Needless to say, we didn't sleep. I had reserved the room for two nights but one night was one night too many.
We would have been just as safe and more comfortable sleeping in the park.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
9 Thank swidahocowgirl

Travelers are raving about these Soda Springs hotels

Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Hey, in Soda Springs there are 3 hotel options, and this is #2 in my book. Took this option for price value. Clean & convenient. Cable TV. No AC, just fans, but not a lot of hot days here throughout tge summer. Non key-card locks, coukd make one nervous about safety/security.

• Stayed July 2011
6 Thank accommo
California/Idaho
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Great Rates and comfortable stay! The room was small but clean and comfortable, I had a hard time finding the outlet in the bathroom but located it on the light fixture above the sink, The beds were new and the sheets and pillow cases were quite clean and comfortable, they obviously were new. Although the building was built in the early 50’s the upkeep to original was impressive! The parking allowed for my truck and trailer and they even had an outlet next to my vehicle! The folks running the hotel were incredibly knowledgeable about the local history and driving conditions to Jackson Wyoming and other locations which was a real help to us. Just remember this is a working class town and you won’t find any 5 star hotels with $180.00 a night rooms! All in all this was a fantastic bargain that was neat and clean, with today’s economy this fills the bill perfectly!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank akitahntr
Reviewed December 3, 2010

This was by far the worst place I've ever stayed at. Everything was so old. They even had to come and replace the lightbulbs while we were here. The linens were worn and scratchy. They haven't been replaced in over 20 years. The floor were so creaky that you could hear everyone walking around the tiny, tiny rooms. There was no mini fridge, the tv was the smallest I've seen and in such an awkward place you couldn't even view it. The outside screen door jammed everytime we tried to get in or out and was so squeaky that it woke the whole town. Not to mention that the main door fell wide open in the middle of the night. The latch didn't even work. It was so stuffy but the ceiling fan almost detched from the ceiling when turned on. Campinb in the middle of winter or sleeping in a car would have been a better experience.

• Stayed December 2010
3 Thank sleeplessinsoda
Spring Creek, Nevada
Reviewed August 24, 2010

When I first entered my room I immediately thought I was in a cabin in the woods somewhere. It was a smaller room, but worked its purpose for the weekend. The room we had with 2 beds, had no outlet in the bathroom. I had to dry my hair next to the bed. Bringing a small extension cord might be best so you can see the mirror on the wall! There is a screen door which is a nice touch considering that not very many motels have screen doors. This helped as there was no AC, so we had to open the bathroom as well as the door and let the breeze blow through. The walls are quite thin as I could hear the people next to me snore! All in all I will definitely be staying at this motel next year when we visit. There is also room in the parking lot for parking with trailers.

The town is small, and the bars have last call at 1. I am from Nevada so I am used to 24 hour bars! Word of advice we got from all the locals is not to drive after 1 a.m. because the cops come out of the wood-works at that time. Cute town, friendly people, beautiful scenery.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ksan17
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2005

This motel is very old, not well-maintained, the walls are paper-thin. There was a much nicer motel across the street. Although the couple running it were very nice and most accomodating, I would not stay there again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#5 of 6 in Lava Hot Springs
Lava Hot Springs Inn
Lava Hot Springs Inn
#7 of 7 in Lava Hot Springs

Been to Caribou Lodge? Share your experiences!