“Renovated Historical Idaho Hotel”

Enders Hotel & Museum
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soda Springs
Enders Hotel & Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Soda Springs
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Comfortable room, if somewhat small, with WiFi coverage. Period furniture and local historical photographs and mementos. There was a small table in my room for working. You get to hear the long freight trains several times during the night. Restaurant menu and food in need of improvement. Geyser out the back door. Careful where you park unless you'd like a sheen of evaporated geyser water (calcium carbonate?) on your vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Notnab

Reviewed November 25, 2013

My Wife And I Stayed Here And Enjoyed The Dinner And The Bar NexT Door.. But Our Night There Was Very Strange And Eerie. The Customer Service Was Terrible You Could Never Find The Front Desk Clerk, If There Even Was One. The Train Next To The Hotel Was Hard To Sleep Through. The Ghost In Our Room Also Made It Hard To Get A Good Nights Rest. The Entire Night We Kept Hearing Someone in The Bathroom As If They Were Taking A Bath And Making splashing Noises. We Would Get Up And Check And As Soon As We Would Turn The Light On, The Noise Would stop. Never Staying Here Again

• Stayed: November 2013
11  Thank Lizette5858
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The Enders Hotel is a unique place, as others have said. Lots of "period" furnishings. Handicapped accessible room on the first floor was quite spacious and very clean. Loud, long trains pass by pretty frequently, but this didn't really bother me. From an historical standpoint -- kind of interesting - for a minute or two! It's really fairly creepy. No one is ever at the front desk, there was NO "customer service" information provided - like where is the ice machine, what to do in case of any emergency, internet (I did use a wireless network while there, but I have no idea if it was provided by the hotel or not!) There are never many guests -- in fact I think I was only one of two!

The biggest concern was with the Geyser View restaurant. I believe that I was served food that had been previously served to someone else! It was disgusting! I ordered "chicken fried chicken" and it came with about 3/4 of the "breading" missing. A piece (bite-size!) had been cut out and replaced and the breast had another slice in it. The baked potato was a brick! I felt sort of sorry for the young waitress as she was clearly just not trained at all. NO WAY that plate should have left the kitchen! I settled for the salad bar - which I had to visit using a 4 inch bread plate!

Stop by for a little visit to see the lobby, stuffed animals and old furniture -- skip it for anything more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Gracemom20
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Enders Hotel did a wonderful job of organizing seating for our large family group (over 20) for lunch. We had a long table in the back room and were able to see the geyser as we were eating. Service was cheerful and efficient, and everyone was happy with their meals. Later, we visited the museum and were also given good service in the gift shop. Great to see a nice restoration of a historic building.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I had happened on the Enders Hotel and Museum, out of luck on a previous trip. We live in Colorado, but were traveling to visit our daughter and son-in-law in Rexburg Idaho. We like to travel through old country towns and see the history of the area.

Well Enders is the place for this. The Museum is interesting and they left a few rooms in the original size. Some present day Americans will complain about small rooms and space, but our modernized room was at least twice the size of the original rooms. Yes is was still "small" but the decor is beautiful and expensive looking.

I thought the hotel was very nice. I missed not having an elevator, because I'm a fat modern American. Having a cafe associated with the hotel was nice and I thought the food was reasonably priced and good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rod B
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have mixed reviews on this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the shampoo, etc. were above average for hotels. The rooms were small and cramped due to too much furniture. Although the added pieces, which appeared to be antiques, added to the "old timey" theme they were impracticle and the extra space would have been more appreciated. It is next to a railroad crossing and a train sounds about every two hours throughout the night.My husband and our two children had to rent two rooms since they do not have rooms with two beds. My daughter and I shared one and my husband and son shared another. My husband went to sleep so my son stayed in my room until a movie we were watching was over at midnight. When he went to return to his room we could not get the key to work. I sent him to the front desk to ask for help. He returned with another key which worked. He then told me that no one was at the front desk. She was gone for the night. But all the room keys are right there at the front desk with big room numbers on them. Pretty scary to think that in the middle of the night any other guest, or someone from the restraunt could obtain your room key easily and give you a surprise visit in the middle of the night. During the day the desk help waitresses in the adjoining restraunt. I was waiting a long time for a receipt while she waitressed (not her fault that they are understaffed) so I went around the desk and copied it myself. Anyone had plenty of time to take as many room keys as I would have liked and returned that night. Still note that the rooms were clean, a big plus, but not getting murdered in your sleep, well, that kindof trumps the good housekeeping.We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning to speak of at this hotel so in the summer it is baking hot. However a...