“Security very poor. Rooms are nice and clean.”

Enders Hotel & Museum
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soda Springs
Enders Hotel & Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Soda Springs
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have mixed reviews on this hotel. The rooms were very clean and the shampoo, etc. were above average for hotels. The rooms were small and cramped due to too much furniture. Although the added pieces, which appeared to be antiques, added to the "old timey" theme they were impracticle and the extra space would have been more appreciated. It is next to a railroad crossing and a train sounds about every two hours throughout the night.My husband and our two children had to rent two rooms since they do not have rooms with two beds. My daughter and I shared one and my husband and son shared another. My husband went to sleep so my son stayed in my room until a movie we were watching was over at midnight. When he went to return to his room we could not get the key to work. I sent him to the front desk to ask for help. He returned with another key which worked. He then told me that no one was at the front desk. She was gone for the night. But all the room keys are right there at the front desk with big room numbers on them. Pretty scary to think that in the middle of the night any other guest, or someone from the restraunt could obtain your room key easily and give you a surprise visit in the middle of the night. During the day the desk help waitresses in the adjoining restraunt. I was waiting a long time for a receipt while she waitressed (not her fault that they are understaffed) so I went around the desk and copied it myself. Anyone had plenty of time to take as many room keys as I would have liked and returned that night. Still note that the rooms were clean, a big plus, but not getting murdered in your sleep, well, that kindof trumps the good housekeeping.We won't stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no air conditioning to speak of at this hotel so in the summer it is baking hot. However a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Annedmi

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The old Enders Hotel was carefully restored a few years ago and has tons of character. The museum in a part of the ground floor adds to the feel of yesteryear. The restaurant is unremarkable--and service is slow--but from the rear seats in the dining room you can watch the hourly eruptions of the town's geyser. Soda Springs is a clean, pleasant little town, but dining options are limited.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We almost drove by because it is between some seedy looking bars, however the restaurant looked clean with a view of the hourly geyser.

Despite being somewhat in the middle of no-where the food was fresh and very good. Marble rye Rubens, well toasted and flavor-full. Hand pulled turkey and chicken sandwiches. I was tempted to try breakfast but settled for the mini scones.

Recent restoration to this hotel/museum made me wish I had spent the night. It was fun just to walk around this 100 year old building and think about how it must have been.

I would have given it five stars but the service was slow. I never received a refill on my ordered drink or my water and only got the bill because I got up and my party was leaving.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Owen S
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This refurbished hotel and museum is a gem. The rooms are beautifully appointed, upstairs. A self-guided museum covering the history of the area is also upstairs and there is a collection of this and that on the main floor. The restaurant is the best in town, although the service is sometimes slow. The food is worth the wait, especially the homemade biscuits! We liked the pot roast too!
The Soda Springs geyser is right out the back door. It goes off every hour on the hour, a beautiful thing to see. It has an interesting history, don't miss that story. The train runs right beside the hotel and blows its horn many, many times during the night. Might be a problem if you are a light sleeper but otherwise, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice and beautifully appointed. There are a few rooms downstairs if you prefer.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Cindyeee
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Beautiful renovation on a 100+ year old hotel. Restored closest to the original I have seen. Clean clean rooms and baths, wonderful antiques and Americana every where. Lots of stuffed animals in lobby - amazing. And the old rockers in the lobby will fit you just right. Beautiful quaint town with extremely friendly folks. Food was good in restaurant - esp the pie..yum.
Soda Springs geyser behind hotel - but park out front of hotel for your stay. I haven't read a review yet that does this property justice. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Janie R
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel has a very nice renovation! The room was a bit small but what you would expect in an holder hotel. The room we had on the third floor had its own bathroom. Tub and toilet in a separate room with the sink in the bedroom. The tv had cable. I would have prefered a room with a view of the geiser but we didn't ask so I can't complain. It's ran as a bed and breakfast - you get a $6 credit for breakfast in the attached restaurant. There's not much on the menu under $6. but it was good.

On the plus side there is a ceiling fan, and an osolating fan in the room. We also noticed they have portable airconditioners in the closets - a rairity in this area I'm sure.

On the negative side - you can only access their free WiFi from the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank motiger04
Reviewed July 8, 2010

This was a very nice place about 1oo years ago, when the place was built. And it is still a very nice place.
Staff is helpful and friendly, restaurant is good, antiques shop is full of rarities. The building doubles up as a museum - and it's is what you would expect from a museum in a small western town and it is very well kept.
A geyser (Soda Springs!) that goes off every hour on the hour is on the parking lot and it smells with sulfur (not bad, only a whiff).

HOWEVER! The building sits not 100 ft from a busy railroad. A 100 years ago, this railroad was much less busy. Today, loaded trains half a mile long zip through every 30 minutes or so at high speed.

Otherwise, the place is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
#5 of 6 in Lava Hot Springs
No photo provided
Caribou Lodge
#2 of 4 in Soda Springs

Been to Enders Hotel & Museum? Share your experiences!