“Can you be out by 7 (it was 5pm)” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ivano's Ristorante

Ivano's Ristorante
Ranked #19 of 89 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Nine Mile Falls, Washington
“Can you be out by 7 (it was 5pm)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We ate here several years ago and enjoyed it so we decided to take our boys there, as we were in town for the Winter Carnival. We arrived at 5pm and they asked us if we had reservations - We did not. When they said we will seat you but you will need to be out by 7pm. I should have left at that point to save the evening! The shrimp and scallop dinner was so spicy that my youngest son offered to eat it for my wife and he gave his meal (Stuffed Chicken breast) to her -bless his heart. This was after it was brought to our server's attention and he didn't offer a substitute. I had the calamari dinner - it was very bland and lacked any type of seasoning - all I could taste was the egg and flour it was dredged in. The entire time we were there; three 4 top tables near us remained open. When we got up to leave, I could see a lot more tables were empty - it is no wonder why. In case you are wondering - we did leave before 7pm and will never return!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank kcschueler

Cranbrook, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have eaten hear a number of times as we pass through Sandpoint and we can always count on an excellent meal with lots of options for everyone. The service is quick and efficient and the ambience is friendly and relaxing. Last night I thoroughly enjoyed the cioppino and my husband loved the lasagne.

• Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Homey atmosphere, good wine by the glass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

They usually have an excellent fresh fish on special. Other than that, the menu is mainly pasta based. They do have gluten free pasta and good veggies.

Visited January 2013
Sandpoint, Idaho
“Does The Owner Ever Eat Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have tried this place three different times 2010,2011,and 2012. As you can see it took a year after each time to give them another chance. No more chances. The service is always slow and full of excuses as to why it is so slow, even if there are only two tables occupied at 7:00pm on a week night. Maybe that should have been a clue. My waitress even forgot to give me my drink, but did not forget to put it on my bill. I have been to many nice restaurants in my time and this is not one of them. I don't mind paying for good food and good service. Here you pay for both and recieve neither. I guess the paper napkins with the $119.00 bill is a nice touch in someones world (Maybe the Owners), but not mine. I have owned my business for ten years and if any of my employees ever acted as the majority at Ivano's do, they would fired on the spot. Either the owner of this establishment is as culpable as his employees or just plain out of touch with his business. This restaurant is an embarrassment to Sandpoint.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Dan M
Roseville, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I hosted a large business dinner here and the food and service was excellent. Some of the best Italian food I have had recently. I would return here anytime. The owner Jim is a very personable host and his wait staff are very accommodating. If I lived here in Sandpoint, I would eat here a lot.