“Great food, great prices”

Hydra Steakhouse & Lounge
Ranked #11 of 91 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2010

My wife and I were very pleased with our dinner at Hydra. The salad bar was fresh, with a nice variety. She had the Ahi, and honestly it was the best fish we have ever eaten. I had the New York strip, encrusted with peppercorn, it was cooked to my liking first time out. We finished off the meal with a slice of mud pie, it was still too frozen, the only complaint. Our server Tristan was very attentive, and always a step ahead. We made it out the door for under $50, quite the deal. I'd recommended Hydra without hesitation.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

2008 New Years Eve! It was the best dinner from our 2 week visit in town. Just cannot go another holiday without this place.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed September 9, 2008

Surf & Turf . . . Good Salad bar

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Really good old fashion service with a smile and meat and potato meals.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 2, 2006

We've eaten here for years, but the last few times we've been here, it has been very different. They use to have a great lunch buffet during the week. The restaurant was always super busy when they had the buffet, but now it's gone and the menu is very limited. They also used to have a Sunday Brunch which isn't there anymore either. Their dinner menu is also very limited and it took me quite a while to find something that I would want to eat. Then when I got it, it was very bland. Not the same Hydra we ate at for 20 years. The warm friendly feel is also gone.

3  Thank emmysmom