“A friendly smile, fantastic scone, a little read....”
Review of The Readery - CLOSED

The Readery
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Polson, Montana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A friendly smile, fantastic scone, a little read....”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Michael and Katie's love for their place in life is evident in the friendly "hello!" offered as you come in the door of thier eatery. I sipped on truly one of the best cups of Mocha I have ever had! It offered enough expresso to know I was drinking a coffee and not just hot chocolate - and enough sweet chocolate and cream to make it a treat! We enjoyed breakfast (scones, eggs-sausage-hashbrowns-biscuits-gravy, omelette, and did I mention the scones?) served in an environment that invited us to sit awhile with a book and visit with our friends. I thumbed through the pages of, "Why do we like thin skinned watermelons but not thinskinned people?" a funny yet thoughtful book of "life" questions written by a local author --- but, they have an assundry of other genre books on bookshelves around the place to choose from. We are looking forward to our next visit to Sandpoint and the opportunity to try LUNCH at this quiet liittle cafe with the good eats and neat books.

• Visited October 2013

“Good food, friendly service and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I had heard good things from the locals about The Readery, and all of it was true. First, the place is much bigger than it appears from the street, and it is much brighter than I thought it would be. The staff is welcoming and makes delicious soups, salads and sandwiches. I've heard that breakfast (served until 11:30) is fabulous, so I'll have to come back next weekend.

Visited October 2013
Shakopee, Minnesota, USA
“quiet little cafe”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was able to enjoy a hot ham sandwich with a cop of the butternut squash soup for a late lunch last weekend. The sandwich was toasty, flavorful, and satisfying. I love butternut squash soup...and this was a winner. It had a nice creamy consistency and good spice notes. I think I can definitely say fall is on it's way.

Here is a confession: I have an incurable sweet tooth...I mean if it were OK to just east desserts and candy for meals I would. When I saw a basket case with scones and coffee cake I had to have some. The coffee cake was unreal-spiced pear, moist, tangy, awesome streusel...I couldn't stop shoving it in my face. Bonus for having a lunch buddy and getting to try the blueberry scone too!

I think the atmosphere of this cafe was perfect for an afternoon spent chatting and catching up-quiet background music, not too brightly lit but the sun filters in nicely, lots of room between tables so you aren't sitting in on the adjoining tables conversation. Oh-and if you have time, check out their books. They have quite a collection available to read while sitting or to buy if you so feel the urge.

• Visited September 2013
Williston, North Dakota
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Pricey for less than stellar food, many other places in town that are far better, I must believe that other reviewers were extremely hungry or friends of owners.

• Visited June 2013
Thousand Oaks
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had read ahead on Trip Advisor but I didn't remember reading about this little spot. Nice mix of jazz on the stereo, books for sale, cheerful staff, an old building and good food. We just happened upon it while exploring the little town on a hot afternoon. It was cool and dim and we left full of yummy sandwiches. What's not to love?

• Visited August 2013