“Chocolate Bear in Sandpoint” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating
Description: chocolate / ice cream / cafe
Post Falls, Idaho
“Chocolate Bear in Sandpoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I love dark chocolate. But like many things, the quality of chocolate candy can vary widely. Their dark chocolate covered carmels with sea salt is the most fantastic I have ever tasted. There carmel with sea salt is fantastic and the dark chocolate (Grizzly) p-nut butter cup has homemade p-nut butter inside and is heavenly. My girl friend does not eat many sweets; she ate several of the salted carmels and had several bites of MY Grizzly p-nut butter cup. If you want better than outstanding chocolates, this is the place. AND, they were very friendly and fun to talk with.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Billbear56

Medford, Oregon
“MMMMmmmmmmm... chocolate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Family made chocolate made with love and care. The dark chocolate is NOT chalky and bitter, the cayenne pepper chocolate was AWESOME! Love this place, I go there every week.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chefarion
Sandpoint, Idaho, United States
“Fantastic Chocolates & Caramels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My daughters bought my wife and I some of their chocolates and the salted caramels and they were fantastic. Definitely a premium handcrafted chocolate. They said the prices were reasonable, and the business is locally owned, which means a lot to me.

Visited February 2013
Sisters, Oregon
“Perfect birthday treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

It was the evening of my birthday and we were in town to ski Schweitzer. We were headed back to the Best Western Motel after enjoying a wine tasting at the local winery, downtown Sandpoint. We noticed that the chocolate store was still open and had entertainment and so headed on in. We were amazed by the variety of truffles that the owners made. All were beautifully designed and I treated myself to a box of truffles for my birthday. They were decadent, and not stale. The owners were very proud of their chocolates. We talked about a friend in Portland, OR who owns Sweets, etc. chocolate shop and is a credentialed chocolatier. While the owners aren't certified for chocolate, their truffles were still heavenly! This is a gem for Sandpoint!

Visited February 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful Ice Cream; Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Visited the Chocolate Bear twice on a recent trip to Sandpoint - loved it both times! The chocolate ice cream may be the best I've ever had, and the root beer float was made with premium root beer. Prices are very reasonable, too.

Visited August 2012