“city beach”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“city beach”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I grew up going to "the beach" I've swam at it, bbq'd at it, boated at it, cruised it (old timers know what I am talkin about haha) and brought my kids and now my grandkids every summer. I live in a different city but since my family still lives in Sandpoint I get to enjoy time with them and the beach. my home away from home. if you are visiting sandpoint in the summer this is a must stop to enjoy lazing in the sun, swimming, tennis, volleyball, frisbee bbq or whatever else you like to play.
lifeguards are on duty during the day until around 5 or 6pm at 3 different spots along the beach. plenty of room on any side for you to enjoy. for big events call parks n rec to reserve "the big hut"
during 4th of july you get to enjoy the fireworks show right on the beach, it will be packed and you won't want to drive in you will want to park uptown and walk in. bring a blanket or chairs.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Glamma4

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Hidden GEM!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We come just for the lake and town experience at least 4-5 times a summer. (From Spokane) Bring the Hibachi, Umrella, Towels! Love to walk the sandy beach, snack shack is usually open (we love the snow cones), public bathroom, life guards on watch (most of the time). FAMILY beach atmosphere and GORGEOUS mountains surrounding the lake. Downtown area has lots of cafes and shops. Even a Starbucks not far from the beach =) Free parking

Visited June 2013