“Amazing Mexican Food”

Joel's Mexican Food
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We never would have gone here if not for our hosts' recommendation. The most amazing fish tacos I have ever had. They have 4 different kinds of fish, each prepared differently with different sauces, I had the Swai, a fish I never heard of from Hawaii. My husband's burrito was of the giant variety. Very simple diner/like decor, only open until 4 in the afternoon and closed on Sundays, the owner wants a life outside of the restaurant. Staff is so friendly and helpful. Place is simple but clean and comfortable.

1  Thank Linda L
There are newer reviews for Joel's Mexican Food

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great food. Great service. Amazing combination of tastes. Don't miss this place if you are in Sandpoint!!

1  Thank camckh
Reviewed June 18, 2013

By far the best mexican food in the inland northwest. If you want an amazing burrito, go for the shrimp burrito.

2  Thank jack l
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This place has just as good, or even better, food than the restaurants I used to go to when I lived in San Diego, California! I grew up eating Mexican food in Southern California & Tijuana, so I know what to expect. This is a grab & go sort of place but it does offer seating too. Everything I've had here has been good. Since I'm a shredded beef taco addict I can't help but keep ordering their tacos & lots of them! This is my absolute favorite place to eat in Sandpoint & Even though I live quite a bit north from there, I still make the trip down just to get their food. If you like Mexican food with a casual ambiance you'll probably love this place! It sure reminds me of home! Thanks for reading!

2  Thank EllaPup
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Love the atmosphere, the staff and the food. The fish taco is my favorite. Reasonably priced and easy downtown location.

1  Thank 27Christine