“Great food”

Spuds Waterfront Grill
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: If Spud's is one thing, it's fresh. Fresh in the sense that we make everything from scratch, from every dressing, sauce and chutney, to elaborate soups and outstanding desserts. Spud's is also fresh in the sense in that our classic menu is continually reinspired by worldly flavors, regional style and seasonal ingredients. We adore the sophisticated touch of the West's best restaurants, and honor the casual comforts of small town North Idaho. Located in picturesque downtown Sandpoint, Idaho, Spud's Waterfront's reputation extends beyond the shores of Lake Pend Oreille as an excellent restaurant for locals and travelers alike. Dock your boat on the boardwalk, bike up from the beach, pull in on your way to the mountain, walk in before catching a show at the Panida.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The sandwiches were fresh and reasonably priced for their size. It was nice to be able to eat outside on the deck.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was in Sandpoint on business and was lucky enough to find Spuds for dinner one evening. The menu is interesting and I was so excited to see Steamer Clams. They were delicious and came in a very tasty broth with corn and other yummy ingredients with a cornbread on the side. You will love to dip that bread into the broth - mmmm! And for $12 I thought this was a fair price. My dinner companion had the Grilled cheese sandwich, but this was no ordinary grilled cheese! The cheeses, Swiss and Gfuyere, come on toasted sourdough, very tasty also for $12. We shared a slice of the Chocolate Ganache Raspberry tart and that was wonderful too ($7.50) if a little pricey. We had no trouble filling up on these portions.

Spuds is located on the lake near the marina and has a lovely view. The service was friendly and efficient. I enjoyed my meal here very much.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

we dropped by here on our way south to Oregon. it was busy; however, we were able to get a table on the back deck, which has a great view of the Sandpoint Marine. It looks as if the restaurant recently underwent a makeover, as the name has changed (Spud's Waterfront Grill) and the menu apparently was new. it featured a few interesting choices. I had the pork belly sandwich, which was very flavourful (albeit perhaps a little too fatty) and my wife had the special: homemade pappardelle pasta (which she pronounced as being excellent). they had several good brews on tap, and the service was very friendly. overall, a great place at which to spend a pleasant summer evening

Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's not that the food was bad, it was edible and mediocre, but for what arrives at the table the prices are too high (eleven dollars for a baked potato and tiny side salad, twenty-four dollars for a small serving of swordfish, thirteen dollars for a sandwich about the size that a child would eat).

The half chicken was not a whole half chicken; it wasn't even one single piece and most of the breast was missing. It was about a third of a chicken. When the tri tip came out cold our server told my grandmother who had ordered it (in an almost scolding tone with no hint or mention of an apology) that it was cold because it was ordered medium rare, as if that has anything to do with the temperature at which it should arrive at the table. I think it was cold because it arrived at our table about 50 minutes after we ordered it.

I guess when you cater mainly to tourists who aren't going to be repeat customers you can have slow service and overpriced portions. I'm here visiting and will never go back, but neither will my family living in the area. There are other restaurants with better food and much better service.

1  Thank ErmMac
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a good place for lunch. They offer good salads and baked potatos with several different toppings. Dinners are small portions and even I do not get full from the small portions. Lunches are much larger. We have eaten here many times, but prefer lunch and the menu offerings. Seating is very limited in the winter but business slower then. Out door seating is a great view of Sand Creek, where there is a marina and access to the main lake.