“Great Biscuits and Gravy......”
Review of 5th Ave Restaurant

5th Ave Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 90 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: American
Seattle, Washington
“Great Biscuits and Gravy......”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This restaurant was attached to the hotel I was staying at so I had to check it out....I judge cafe's and restaurants by how well they prepare biscuits and gravy.......it is a very difficult dish to master.....most chefs do not add enough seasoning......that is not a problem here......some of the best biscuits and gravy I have had in a long time...........

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dannieboysreviews

Heron, Montana
“Thanks For Hanging In There”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We're boring people. We ate at Fifth Avenue once a week for a year. Their parking lot was always filled, and their comfy- worn booths and mostly-elderly waitresses appeal to those of us who are seniors. Good prices, coffee shop food, experienced waitresses that seem happy to see you and remember your name. Then this horrible economy hit, their business dropped as did every other restaurants business and probably some bean-counter tried to shave down their costs. Result, my husband's favorite sandwich turned from real meat to lunch meat, and my vegi omelette twice was served rust-colored inside and tasted fishy. I know what it was, I've been a short order cook. They were using grease from their deep fryer, probably as a cost cutting move, maybe from a disgruntled cook. We haven't been since. I notice their board out front is now advertising a lot of really yummy sounding dishes not normally found in a coffee shop. We'll go again, we loved Fifth Avenue a lot, and we hope they worked out whatever was going on there. We refer our lodging guests to Sandpoint restaurants and hope to be able to refer our families and our seniors back to Fifth Avenue. We owe it to Fifth Avenue to give them another try, and we hope all the other locals will do it as well. They've hung in there through this horrible economy and they deserve a repeat chance to earn our, and your, business back again. For Sanpoint, they have 3 other things really important: they are open on Sunday, have tons of free parking, and are easy to find on the main through fare.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Amber B
Sandpoint, Idaho
“Food and a drink”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Food was ok and the portion was above average. The mixed drink was adequate. Service was very good and pleasant.

Visited December 2012
Idaho
“Great Down Home Cooking”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Best Chicken Soup around ! Nice portions, good food, reasonably priced, good service. One of the better places to eat in Sandpoint. Not a lot of ambiance but if its good food you're looking for this is the place.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank S764041
Troy, Montana
“I really, really wanted to like it, but I just could not.”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have driven by for years and always wanted to stop. I had high hopes, but sadly, this is not a place that I will go again. The decor was really worn and dated, the service was adequate, but not great and the food was not awful, but not wonderful either. I was hoping for more, but I was just not impressed enough to try again. I had the impression that I was eating frozen food that came in bulk. I hope that I was wrong, but that is what it tasted like to me.

• Visited April 2012