“good, basic Mexican fare”
Review of Jalapenos

Jalapenos
Ranked #20 of 90 Restaurants in Sandpoint
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“good, basic Mexican fare”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Friendly service, and basic Mexican food. A good family place.

Visited March 2012

Priest River
“Jalapenos, mexican with a kick!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

A standard go-to restaurant, Jalapenos has never failed to please. Very large menu, good prices, excellent margaritas. Service is very good and the restaurant is lively and comfortable. Always a good choice.

Visited March 2012
Eastport , Idaho
“Good atmosphere/ food tasty”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

They have a fun setting w/ palm trees, sky lights, fountain and very clean restrooms.

Visited February 2012
Sandpoint
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sit down Mexican in Sandpoint”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Really good Mexican food in a fun sit down setting.

Visited December 2011
Radium Hot Springs, Canada
“This was not what we expected, and not as good as it was before.”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I traveled down to Sandpoint, Idaho, to do a little shopping and just get away. We had eaten at Jalepenos in Sandpoint before, and had a good experience. This time, we were disappointed. Both of our meals were very bland and not well presented. But we over looked it at the time, as we were having a nice time out. We ordered two margaritas to end the evening as it was just a short walk back to our hotel. We joked with each other that it was good we were walking. Well, we could have driven after several of these margaritas! If they even showed the bottle of tequila to the drink they served us I would be surprised. We are both seniors, and I sense that they just decided that us old folks wouldn't know the difference anyway. No, I did not confront them about the meal or the drink. I thought it about the next day, but we were in Idaho to have a positive experience so I just decided to save it until I got back home. If their attitude was as we suspected anyway, I don't think talking with them about it would have done much good. We went on to have great hotel stays at the Best Western Hotels in Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene. We had great service and really positive experiences at these hotels and all the other restaurants at which we ate.

• Visited March 2012