“Fantastic, even without the snow!”

Schweitzer Mountain
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Sandpoint
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain and ski area located in northern Idaho.
Spokane, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic, even without the snow!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went for the second day of Fall Fest. Had so much fun we are planning to go all weekend next year. Kids zip-lined and rode the lift. We enjoyed music and microbrews. Will take the bikes next time for a little downhill action. Put this on your calendar if you are in the area.

Visited September 2012

USA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Schweitzer Fall Fest - Beer, Wine & Music”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've been here for snowboarding in the winter (excellent!), and this was the first time I've been here in the summer. We went for Fall Fest with lots of breweries on tap and some wine tasting. Really neat! Live music and a handful of local vendors (jewelry, candles, jams, etc.). Kind of a small area, but would be a lot of fun next time to get a few friends, take some camp chairs or blankets, come when they start and stake out a place in front of the stage. I was really surprised at how much they had for families to do (i.e. kids) with croquet, horseback rides, zipline, jump castle, big checkerboard, and other stuff. We did the beer/wine tasting and had dinner at the Chimney Rock Grill (UH-mazing food!!!). I highly recommend the pork w/ BBQ sauce and sub sweet potato fries! ;-)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ShortyCowgirl
Spokane, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lovely”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is an excellent ski mountain with a small village at its base. It's wonderful in the summer as well as winter with some events offered and always magnificent views.

Visited August 2012
Forked River, NJ
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“You ought to visit in the summer too!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

OK, so I've only been there now once in the summer and once in the fall. But this place is great. During a recent trip, we took the chairlift to the top - you MUST do this during a summer visit to Sandpoint! The trip up is great, and the views from the top are outstanding - among the best in the area, and how can you get that high up without hiking up a mountain? HIGHLY recommended, and I don't recall it being too expensive.

The mountain also appears to have a lot more to offer during the summer, as there was a lot of mountain biking going on (seemed to be some pretty cool trails down the mountain, although that's not my thing so I'm not too sure....), activities for kids, a new zip line (didn't seem too exciting, having been on ziplines elsewhere such as in Costa Rica), shopping, and some pretty nice dining options. You can easily spend an afternoon here, or perhaps even longer if you want to include a lot of activities. There's quite a bit to do.

We stopped into the small gourmet shop there and sat outside and had a few local microbrews and some snacks (while waiting for the rest of our group to assemble for the trip back home). The shops at the mountain seem pretty nice, good selections, with prices (at least to me) about on par - or perhaps a bit less - than I would expect to pay at a ski resort such as this. It seems to me that you get good value for your money.

But go for the view from the top!

Now, I want to go back in the winter to ski the mountain!

Visited August 2012
Sandpoint
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mountain!!!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

How can you not love this mountain? It's been wonderful watching this mountain transform over the years and continue to grow and become a premier mountain resort!

Visited December 2011