My fiancé and I stayed at Talus one night in the Arbor room. The room is gorgeous - especially the ceiling and the tub/tree shower. Heather was kind enough to arrange for massage therapists to come to the room and provide their services to us there and we were also able to purchase a bottle of wine that was ready for us in the room. There is a little pond out back where we were able to paddle board which was fun. The pool and hot tub outside did not appear to be working but we had our our private tub in the room so it wasn't an issue for us. Breakfast included yogurt and some raspberries. The reason I rated Talus at a 4 was because I was extremely weirded out and turned off with the closets that were in the Arbor room. There were no doors on them - just a piece of fabric draping from them and someone's clothing and belongings were in them - some items were visibly hanging out on the floor from under the piece of draped fabric. It was like we were just sleeping in someone's room with all of their personal belongings open to whoever walked through the room let alone stayed in it. This made us a but uncomfortable. Other than that it really is a unique and beautiful place to stay and we enjoyed our night there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the privacy and peacefulness of Talus Rock Retreat for your special getaway. A private, chic, and eclectically elegant timber frame and Tuscan-style retreat, this exceptional property caters to those who appreciate nature combined with old world charm. With 6 individual suites available, the cozy provisions can be enjoyed by a couple for a weekend getaway, a romantic honeymoon, a pristine mountain vacation, or a simple get-away to enjoy rejuvenation and inspiration. Or, take the tranquil villa in its entirety to accommodate an intimate extended family reunion of up to 24 people, a spectacular rehearsal dinner, an indoor catered holiday gathering, or a corporate or other non-traditional, informal group affair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Talus Rock Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talus Rock Retreat Hotel Sandpoint
- Talus Rock Retreat Sandpoint, Idaho