“Great Pub Food!!!”

Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped in there this weekend for a family dinner. I must say, some of the best fish & chips I've ever had. Paired up with the garlic fries, you couldn't ask for better pub grub. The selection of beers are awesome, always rotating regional microbrews through the tap. Overall, if you're looking for great pub grub, this is your stop.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friends were visiting from out of state and wanted a designer beer, so we went here after tasting some wine next door. I wanted to eat there, but my friend was visiting and we did what they wanted, including visiting the winery. They had a great selection of beers. This pub is charming, dark, woody and child friendly. The ceiling is covered with beer tap handles and was pretty cool.

My friend and I ordered a couple of burgers, my wife ordered chicken tacos and my friend's wife ordered a grilled cheese and veggie sandwich. The sommelier from next door recommended the garlic fries; the only highlight of the lunch. The pleasant bar wench, who took our orders, asked me how I wanted my burger cooked. Usually I order well done on burgers, though I like my steaks medium rare, but because they offered elk and buffalo I assumed these beef patties were hand-crafted and ordered it medium, as did my friend. The lunches came with soup or salad.

The service was incredibly slow, even though the place wasn't super busy. When the food finally arrived, we never saw anybody for another 20 or so minutes. I took a bite into my burger and it was bone dry. After waiting ten minutes for someone to come by, so I could get some mayo and more tomato to introduce moisture into this arid desert of a burger, I finally had to go to the bar and found some ketchup. Had I been with my wife, I would have left or returned the garbage.

I commented on the dried out pre-frozen Costco burger to my friend and he said his was cardboard also. I was happy I had the salad, which was decent. The soup they offered was minestrone, which my wife and buddie's wife got. Neither one ate the soup. Since my wife ordered the chicken tacos, which she said was OK, I thought the cup on her plate was excessive salsa, until she told me it was soup. I am half Italian. I looked at it and thought it appeared watery and tried it. It tasted like they opened a can of cheap tomato soup and boiled up some slices of celery and small cubed carrots; it was nasty and a salt lick.

My friend finally had to flag down one of the waiters to get another beer. His wife left the soup and only ate half her sandwich. She pigged out on the side of garlic fries I ordered, which did not make me happy. Had I known, I would have ordered two, as it was the only decent thing we got.

This place has poor service and a worse cook, Way overpriced for the service and slop. We were all totally disappointed.

If you go here, you will enjoy the beer, atmosphere and the large cut fries.

1  Thank KnowBS
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Eichart's is a Sandpoint hotspot. Food is average, beer is amazing, service is pretty bad if it happens to be a holiday weekend, average if the place is empty. We waited for over an hour on our Memorial Day visit to get our food AFTER being seated. Luckily, we had lots of conversation and great beer to take up the time. Hopefully, the owner will start to employ extra wait staff for holiday weekends.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Tucked away right downtown. A great pub with probably the best food in town. Friendly staff that always remember your name and makes you feel like your home. Live music weekly, something for everyone.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Best garlic fries in the world! Trust me... I travel for a living... I dreamt of the garlic fries when I moved away! The atmosphere, food & people are great! specials are the way to go... Always great! If you can find a pub with better atmosphere... Move in!