“Great IPA, good bar-type food”

Bertram's Brewery and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Salmon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bertram’s Salmon Valley Brewpub and Restaurant is located at the corner of Main and S. Andrew’s streets, in a century-old building in the heart of downtown Salmon. The decor is an eclectic mix of northwestern Rockies and Africana, old and new. Opened in November 1998, Zimbabwean owner and brew master, Nick Bertram, features eight hand-crafted and award-winning microbrews. Dine with the family in the full-service restaurant or relax with friends in the cozy pub with the brew kettles fully visible behind the bar counter. Bertram’s offers an extensive a la carte menu of steaks,fish,pub grub,burgers,and sandwiches; as well as a salad bar. Breakfast is available on Saturdays and Sundays until 1:00 PM
Reviewed October 25, 2013

In our defense, we stopped in while passing through to try a beer... so we only ordered bar food (nachos, quesadillas) -- which I'd rate as standard fare, nothing really special. The IPA, however, was really good! Staff was friendly as well. Their dinner specials sounded interesting. I'd stop here again.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We started coming to Bertram's in the late 1990s and have dined there many times over the intervening years so this is kind of a culmination review.

First recommendation is the outstanding brews. Nick is a great brewmaster and we enjoy almost everything he cranks out. Lost Trail Amber is a good stalwart at any time of the day as are Borah Brown Ale and the Sacagawea Stout. If we could ever get him to do it again, a few years ago Nick produced one of the very best Scottish ales we have drunk anywhere in the world.

Most of the meals we have eaten there have been very good. Generally not what I would call the best meal I have ever eaten in a restaurant, but always satisfactory at a good value. Portions are always generous so be prepared for a take-home box.

Atmosphere is pleasant and the servers are generally friendly. In the summer time, Bertram's is quite busy at lunch and supper times, but much more laid back at mid-afternoon. If you're rafting on the main Salmon in the summertime hitting the pub at 4-5 PM is a great way to cap your day on the river.

Another one of those places where you probably won't go wrong.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

At the recommendation of the receptionist at the Stagecoach Inn, I stopped in for dinner. I was not disappointed. Staff was friendly and relaxed but quite attentive to my wishes. I ordered a burger off the menu and a house-made beer. The beer was delicious, but the burger was even better - tasty and the size of a manhole cover. This I certainly beef country! If I find myself in Salmon again, I'll be sure to stop by again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

After driving over snowy Lost Trail Pass from Montana, my husband and I were hungry for some warm comfort food. We stopped in at Bertrams for a late lunch and ordered the soups of the day. He had the chili and I had the taco type soup (can't remember the exact name) and both were hearty, delicious and filling. Really hit the spot for both of us. Bertrams is a great local diner in Salmon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We asked a guy on the street where we should eat, and he used the word "awesome" for this place. He was not wrong. The food was fresh, including the salad bar, the soups are homemade, and so is the beer. Their Sacajowea is a really nice dark ale. The Atmosphere here is good too. A definite stop in Salmon, especially if you like good beer!