“Wonderful Historical Center”

Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Salmon
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I made a point of stopping by the Sacajewea Interpretive Center because of the Trip Advisor reviews we had read, and I am glad we did. I have visited many many Lewis and Clark sited in the PNW over my many decades and this one was one of the best.

The Center's development was locally inspired and executed by the residents of the Salmon area and has been very tastefully done. Several videos are available for viewing as are artifacts, photos, and plaques for more understanding of this era of US history. Outside there are two walking trails, one about a mile and the other a bit longer, but all flat and easy to navigate. Along the main trail are explanatory plaques and physical examples of life in Sacajewea's day.

The $5.00 fee was well worth the visit. I highly recommend stopping by the center when you are next in Salmon.

3  Thank Enumclaw1991

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We learned a lot and enjoyed the hike. The center has some very well designed displays. We learned a lot about the real Sacajawea.

3  Thank Thomas16800
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This celebration of Sacajawea's stay near Salmon, Idaho while traveling west with Lewis & Clark is wonderful. I especially enjoyed the presentation of art, information on Sacajawea's people the Agaidika, and the storytelling.
The food served at the Dutch Oven Lunch was outstanding!
I enjoyed seeing the 1805 Living Experience at the center and meeting the instructors.
Plan to visit next year if you are traveling to Idaho.

4  Thank Booklady2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I learned a lot on this visit about the Lewis & Clark expedition and the role of Sacajawea. Also the correct pronunciation of her name. Don't miss the video at the visitor center and take time to read the story as it is presented in the exhibits. It's a great learning opportunity. The 0.7 mile walk gives you a view of the land and also how the indians lived, from the pole and buffalo hide teepees to other kinds of shelters that they built. Don't miss it.

3  Thank Bette R
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Pleasant walk through the grounds shows recreations of life at the time of Sacajawea and Lewis and Clark. What a formidable woman for her time and for ours!!

1  Thank Rhonda A