Syringa Lodge
Super 8 Salmon(Salmon)(Great Value!)
$105
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssconesbacongreat roombreakfast was excellentplace to staynice hostsoverlooking the valleythis place is a gemgranolalog constructionrooms are beautifulthrough tripadvisorviews are breathtakinglog cabinprivate bathriver tripcommon areas
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The Syringa is located on a bluff above town with fantastic views of the mountains & Lemhi Valley. Our room, the Indian Paintbrush, was small but nicely decorated -- very comfy bed & duvet -- and a really small bathroom. Walls are thin, so use your "indoor voices"! Balconies front & aft for enjoying the views, coffee/tea stations on 1st & 2nd floors, and inviting common areas with comfortable searing. There's wi-fi, too. The breakfast wasn't fancy, but it was yummy & plentiful, and the owners were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I was driving back to Montana from a work trip in Idaho and After driving through a violent wind and rain storm, Found myself in Salmon, id. I was Pleasantly surprised to find the syringa Lodge. The hosts were welcoming, The neighborhood quiet and the rooms beautiful. I felt it was a bargain at $75 for a night and a delicious home cooked breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Paula and Dave treat you like family, but don't overdo. We were completely bowled over with the location of this beautiful lodge. High atop a hill looking over Salmon's valley, with long views in every direction, the lodge is in paradise. A photographer's dream, and the only place I chose to rise early just for sunrise pictures. A REALLY reasonable price for perfection. And the breakfast was delightful. I would have eaten more, but was talking too much! There are plenty of homey spaces to get some alone time, or porches to view from, and coffee/tea stations up and down. Don't look any farther for a place to stay, if you are headed to Salmon. In fact, if you have to, reroute just to be there overnight!

Room Tip: Let them know if you want a best view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were on a road trip through the Midwest and needed just an accommodation for one night. Syringa Lodge, an former, remodeled and extended homestead, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, turned out to be a very pleasant experience, despite initial problems when I tried to book in advance, because the owners simply didn't respond- I had to write 3 times before finally getting a response. Since there is not much choice out there, I persisted and it was well worth it- only a few rooms, individually themed and lovingly furnished- and, the most important thing to me-clean! We received a very warm welcome by the host, he even asked if we had already eaten. Upon hearing that we had a long day of driving ahead of us the next morning, he was even willing and able to serve breakfast half an hour earlier, at 7:30 instead of 8. Obviously the other guests decided on the same time, so we all had a delicious breakfast of hot, homemade scones, freshly scrambled eggs and whatever you like. In the evening hot popcorn for the guests. Outside a gorgeous view of the mountains and Challis, a nice vantage point overlooking the river and the valley with a little bench to while away a few lazy moments- if you were not too busy taking pics as dusk slowly settled over the terrific landscape.They even have a feeder for hummingbirds, enough entertainment for me after a long day on the road! Unforgettable stay, when I praised the host for the scones, he simply told me to take what was left over from breakfast and handed me a ziplock-bag- such a nice gesture. Would have loved to stay longer and would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Cornelia W
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I found the Syringa lodge a few years ago while traveling north through Idaho. We have been coming back to visit ever since. The lodge is incredible and Paula and Dave are extremely friendly and helpful. Would wholeheartedly recommend a stay here for anyone coming to Salmon! Breakfast is great and the accommodations are wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple