“A unique place to stay”
Review of Syringa Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salmon
Syringa Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Salmon B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I can only agree with all of the positive reviews so far. We've just returned from a trip from Salt Lake to Glacier staying in 9 different places, one costing 4 times the price of a night in Syringa Lodge. Of the trip, this was definitely our favourite place. The Lodge is unique and very impressively built, and is worth a detour to Salmon just to stay there! Standard of accomodation and food was great, and the place felt very homely.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I can't imagine there is a better place to stay while in Salmon, Idaho. The lodge is welcoming and cheerful with a great mix of old-style and modern furnishings. The lodge is located on a hill on the west edge of town. The view of the Bitterroot Mountains from the lodge is outstanding to say the least (viewed from one of several porches or from your room if you are lucky). The porches are furnished with patio tables and rockers.

The rooms are beautifully furnished and exceptionally clean. We stayed in the Shooting Star room with that outstanding view of the Bitterroots. The bed was very comfortable. It was an exceptional value at $97.20 per night (taxes included).

The full breakfast provided in the morning was delicious and nourishing and included scrambled eggs, bacon, strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, and homemade muffins.

My only suggestion for this property would be better signage for finding the lodge.

Room Tip: Try to get a room located on the east side of the lodge so you can always have that excellent view o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

A very, very , nice room. Spotless. A wonderful breakfast. The wife said she would like to find a reason to return to Salmon just to stay at this BB. The BB overlooked the valley and had decks you could sit out on and enjoy the sunset. Very quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: Since we had our son along, we stayed in the suite which had an adjoining room that shared a door.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The view from the Syringa Lodge is worth the very reasonable cost. It is on a bluff overlooking the town of Salmon with a view on 3 sides of the mountains. I spent an incredible evening running from window to window (and there are LOTS of windows in the lodge, as well as porches and patios galore) watching the storms move from mountain to mountain and then the sunset setting all aglow. Wow. The sense of the place is of an extremely well built Western lodge (read thick wooden logs) that has been lovingly maintained and joyously shared with the people who are smart enough to stay here. The breakfast was perfect, the bed extremely comfortable, and I can hardly wait to find a reason to return. This is the best value of any place I have stayed, and if I could have given it more than 5 stars, I would have!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was my first time at a B&B and it was a phenomenal experience. My room was beautifully appointed with a four poster bed and personalized bathroom. The common area had a fireplace, television, and lots of comfortable seating. The view of the mountains was unrestricted. And all of this (& breakfast, too) for a VERY reasonable price. I don't know if I will ever get back to Salmon, but if I do, there is only one place I would stay --- Syringa!

Room Tip: there is only one room on the first floor which I took because my knees don't do stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Perfect. Couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more! Beautiful, cozy, clean, peaceful, high quality... a food allergy was perfectly accomodated, the coffee was delicious...
Neither my partner or I could think of a negative...plan on returning someday soon!
Also, we thought it was super easy to find! And the owners are very kind and generous! Felt like being home.

Room Tip: Their website shows all the rooms but we let them pick - they are all definitely sunny and thoughtfu...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tw-louise
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Lovely was the first word that came into my mind as I toured the lodge. Since I was the first arrival that day, I was able to select my room. It was a hard decision because they were all so beautiful and had nice views. I chose the room that had a nice desk in it so I could use my laptop comfortably. Free wi fi was a bonus. Each bedroom had a private bath that was impeccably clean. The living room area was warm and cozy and always had a nice fire. Breakfast was delicious too. The host, Dave, however, was the biggest bonus. He was full of local information and kept me posted on road conditions since I was traveling in January. I can't wait to go back to visit Syringa Lodge again and bring the rest of my family with me.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business