Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Amazing Fishing with Incredible Guides, Solitude does it right!

60 miles and 6 days of pure bliss! There were 4 of us researching for our next adventure, looking... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2018
prbeer7
Paso Robles, California
Amazing family vacation!

My family and I recently returned from a 5 night/6 day trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River... read more

Reviewed August 25, 2018
TrailBlazer771114
Springfield, Illinois
via mobile

All reviews fly fishing river trip middle fork fried chicken family trip hot springs his team true escape beyond belief received rave reviews amazing adventure trout top notch fine dining every aspect pancakes ranging in age
Reviewed July 27, 2018

We took this incredible river trip a few weeks ago. Scenery, river, food,
“glamping” has all received rave reviews with which we concur.
Willi’s team possess incredible expertise. Their hospitality and generosity compliment the true magnificence of the river in every way. The guides are skilled, knowledgeable, entertaining, friendly and eager to make the trip a most wonderful experience. This was our second trip on the Middle Fork. We are eager to return and will book again with Solitude. We are still reminiscing.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Trip was fantastic and our family of 9, ranging in age from 8 to 78 had a terrific time. Food was great, staff knowledge and courtesy the best......a very customer centered company which was greatly appreciated. Catered for all our interests and addressed some food allergies with care. Fly fishing was lots of fun and the staff helped the new fishermen with patience and guidance. We all caught lots of fish and the largest one was caught by a new fisherwoman.

Without reservation I would recommend Solitude and its great crew and owner Willi Cannell

Reviewed July 24, 2018

This is our third time. Need I say more. Willi and his team do a fabulous job of creating an off the grid adventure like no other. It is a true escape. You can imagine what it was to be a native American living in the valley, but you have the pampering of a true "glamping" experience.
We had people on our trip from 8 to 80 and all ages had a great time. You can paddle, you can duckie, you can fish or you can float down the river on the "champaign" boat. Or you can try them all. There is something for everyone. The first time you go, there is a day or two of adjustment, but by the end it all becomes routine and you think you could live the rest of your life like this. Everyone must do this at least once. It provides real perspective on life. You quickly realize a great life has less to do with your physical possessions and more to do with the people you are with and embracing the moment. The scenery is majestic. And you might even see big horn sheep, golden eagles, or a bear. You will definitely catch trout. If you have questions or need more info, just call Solitude. You will talk directly to the owners. where else do you get that kind of service.

Reviewed July 23, 2018

This is the second time I have floated the Middle Fork with Solitude River Trips. The trip itself is wonderful. The scenery is amazing. The flight into the put in is beautiful and exciting. The guides are experienced and personable. Many have been on the river for decades and have fantastic stories to share of their experiences in the Idaho wilderness. The fishing is some of the best in the world. As a novice fly fisherman, the patience shown by the guides was much appreciated. After a few pointers I was casting and catching fish like a pro (in my mind). Evenings are spent sitting around the dinner tables playing cards, telling stories and enjoying each other’s company. The cots provided for sleeping are comfortable and easy to set up.

I do have one complaint. My son and I need to eat gluten free (celiac)and I did have concerns regarding the food. The food served on the trip looked amazing, however we were not able to have a lot of what was served to the other guests. Instead of modifying the meals to make them gluten free, we were served what they could come up with. Fried chicken became grilled chicken, fried trout became pan trout. As if our meals were an afterthought. Desserts served to others received rave reviews, we received packaged cookies, pancakes or melted down Kind bars (which we had brought to use as our own snacks). Cross contamination was a huge concern! With that being said, after talking to Willi, changes were made and I know the guides worked hard to meet our needs. I just wish more time had been spent in preparation prior to the trip in regards to the gluten free meals. If I were to do the trip again, which is a definite possibility, I would bring more of my own gf food.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Everything I could say here has been said over and again in these reviews. This whole trip, every detail of comfort to the Grandeur of the wilderness, was flawless. I can't say enough. Just do it