“Best value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sacajawea Inn

Sacajawea Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salmon
Big Sur, California
“Best value for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Even though this place was half the price of all others on our trip, it was our favorite. The owners truly care about making it a good experience. Rooms are immaculately clean, beds wonderfully comfortable, cook to order breakfast for $3 a great bargain. Will definitely stay there again when in Salmon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

To put it simple this was the best place we stayed on our trip. we will be back. rooms were clean and decorated very clever. the breakfast was great and only 3 dollars they offered great suggestions for dinner and ever offered us towels to wipe the motorcycles down with. we had the best service here

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We will stay with them again and recommend to others. The owners are very personable, the $3 breakfast is super and the price makes it a real value. Not luxury, just clean, comfortable and convenient with people who help you feel good.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Attn: MC RIDERS, This is a great place to stay. Park your MC in front of your room. Short walk to food/beverages, check out Bertram's Brewery. Rooms are not big, but clean and most have been remodeled. At night, they have a large fire pit to hang out around. The $3 breakfast is worth it. Have never been disappointed, my wife gives it her approval.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay when weary and in need of close and good service. The owners are personable and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. Great breakfast cooked the way you like in the morning, laundry on site, across from a local eatery with great burgers and wraps. The old style motel is just outside of downtown so you can have the quiet of the motel or quick access to the great downtown businesses and points of interest. You can even take in a movie at the local River movie house. Each room is themed and quaint and highly recommended! Will always pick this rustic spot when staying in Salmon!

Room Tip: Three of us stayed at the motel and they have a two-room connecting "suite" that was just...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Long story short...I got lost and every hotel was booked in town. Thank goodness because the Sacajawea Inn is THE BEST in town. My boyfriend found this oasis for me and let the owner Barb know I was on my way and she met me as soon as I pulled in. I was welcomed with a warm smile and told me I was safe while showing me around the Inn. I stayed in one of the dorms and it was clean, comfortable and exactly what I needed at an amazing price. Barb turned my night around and saved the day, I am forever thankful to this wonderful woman!

• Stayed July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Riding through the area on a motorcycle, stopped to eat and the bartender recommended the place. Super friendly! She even remembered my name at breakfast. There were no rooms available so we camped in a spot out back. Got a nice shower in the morning, and a breakfast for three dollars! The shower room had everything that you could need. Even body wash for the ladies! This is the first review that I have written for a motel where I have not even seen the inside of the room. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon
Stagecoach Inn
#3 of 4 in Stanley
Century 2 Campground
Century 2 Campground
#4 of 6 in Salmon

Been to Sacajawea Inn? Share your experiences!