“Very comfortable and clean.”
Review of Sacajawea Inn

Sacajawea Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salmon
Boulder Junction, Wisconsin
“Very comfortable and clean.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed only one night, but the room and especially the bed was very comfy. The $3 made to order breakfast is a real deal and the owner is extremely friendly and hospitable. Would strongly recommend this motel.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Blackfoot, Idaho
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went to Salmon, ID for some training at the fantastic Sacajawea Center (a must see) and stayed with my family (7 of us) at the Sacajawea Inn. Barbara and Walter were excellent hosts and kept an eye on all our needs. The motel is located just across the street from Kids Creek Pond, stocked with stealhead and other fish. With chances to bike, ATV, fish, and walk the town right from the Sacajawea Inn made for a great business/family vacation, Since there was a continental breakfast of coffee, milk, juice, cereal and an optional $3.00 generous egg, meat, toast, and potatoes breakfast, my kids actually got to eat. I almost forgot the fire pit; its already stocked with wood and marshmallows. It really was a down home Idaho experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank weavjoel
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Walter and Barbara's clean, dog friendly motel in Salmon ID. I liked the pictures I found on a travel website that showed lots of places to exercise my dog like the pond across the street (huge steelhead in it). When I arrived, I noticed first that the grounds were very clean and tidy. The room I stayed in was clean and appointed with everything a traveler could want. There was a hidden TV, microwave, mini fridge, phone, table and 2 chairs, nice hard surface floors that were surprisingly warm. Baseboard heater was more than adequate to heat the room up and keep it toasty. Enjoyed talking with the owners and their children. The breakfast Walter makes in the morning at the cafe is absolutely delicious and more than enuf to fill you up. They are very accommodating to their guests needs. Thanks for a great stay in a beautiful little Idaho town. The walk on the Salmon river is amazing! Great place to take your dog. There is even a large off-leash dog park on one end of the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve W
Garden Valley, Idaho
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stay there because of the reviews and the price of the room and the $3 breakfast. We had the scenic room. We would stay there again. Barbara and Walter were very friendly. The room was so clean. The breakfast was great. During breakfast we were able to visit with the other guest. I would recommend this hotel.We left a bag and Barbara called us on our cell phone and we were able to go back and retrieve it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank willeya
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for a few nights while in Salmon to go mtn biking. The owners are great and live on site and so are around making sure your stay is great as well as getting to know guests. While not officially a bed and breakfast, Walter cooks up eggs and toast each morning for only $3. We enjoyed hanging around the firepit one night while our 19 month old slept in the room only a few yards away. The accommodations themselves are older, but besides a leaky faucet, which will now be fixed once alerted, every thing in the room was fine. Beds, linens and pillows were all comfortable. Great experience for a budget motel!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jdowning12
Hamilton, Montana
Reviewed March 22, 2013

first time visiting salmon. From the time we booked the room we could tell that the staff was very friendly. The hotel is quaint the rooms are older but very clean. The staff is extremely friendly. you can't beat the price the hotel is pet friendly which I appreciate it very much I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quain't, cozy weekend accommodation

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Potomac Montana
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Sacajawea was a great small town motel. Barbara and Walter were very nice and the breakfast was great(Walter even poached my eggs). The room was comfortable and the price was right. The steelhead fishing was good, and Barbara even put my fish in the freezer until I left.
I would defintely hit the sack at the Sac, the next time I'm in Salmon.

Sincerely
Greg

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Greg A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salmon
Stagecoach Inn
Valley Creek Lodge
Valley Creek Lodge
#3 of 4 in Stanley
Salmon River Lodge Resort

Been to Sacajawea Inn? Share your experiences!