“Wonderful budget stay & dog friendly”
Review of Sacajawea Inn

Sacajawea Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salmon
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Walter and Barbara's clean, dog friendly motel in Salmon ID. I liked the pictures I found on a travel website that showed lots of places to exercise my dog like the pond across the street (huge steelhead in it). When I arrived, I noticed first that the grounds were very clean and tidy. The room I stayed in was clean and appointed with everything a traveler could want. There was a hidden TV, microwave, mini fridge, phone, table and 2 chairs, nice hard surface floors that were surprisingly warm. Baseboard heater was more than adequate to heat the room up and keep it toasty. Enjoyed talking with the owners and their children. The breakfast Walter makes in the morning at the cafe is absolutely delicious and more than enuf to fill you up. They are very accommodating to their guests needs. Thanks for a great stay in a beautiful little Idaho town. The walk on the Salmon river is amazing! Great place to take your dog. There is even a large off-leash dog park on one end of the parking lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve W

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stay there because of the reviews and the price of the room and the $3 breakfast. We had the scenic room. We would stay there again. Barbara and Walter were very friendly. The room was so clean. The breakfast was great. During breakfast we were able to visit with the other guest. I would recommend this hotel.We left a bag and Barbara called us on our cell phone and we were able to go back and retrieve it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank willeya
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for a few nights while in Salmon to go mtn biking. The owners are great and live on site and so are around making sure your stay is great as well as getting to know guests. While not officially a bed and breakfast, Walter cooks up eggs and toast each morning for only $3. We enjoyed hanging around the firepit one night while our 19 month old slept in the room only a few yards away. The accommodations themselves are older, but besides a leaky faucet, which will now be fixed once alerted, every thing in the room was fine. Beds, linens and pillows were all comfortable. Great experience for a budget motel!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jdowning12
Reviewed March 22, 2013

first time visiting salmon. From the time we booked the room we could tell that the staff was very friendly. The hotel is quaint the rooms are older but very clean. The staff is extremely friendly. you can't beat the price the hotel is pet friendly which I appreciate it very much I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quain't, cozy weekend accommodation

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Sacajawea was a great small town motel. Barbara and Walter were very nice and the breakfast was great(Walter even poached my eggs). The room was comfortable and the price was right. The steelhead fishing was good, and Barbara even put my fish in the freezer until I left.
I would defintely hit the sack at the Sac, the next time I'm in Salmon.

Sincerely
Greg

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Greg A
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I hunted in the North Fork Idaho and during that time in late October and early November. I had the opportunity to stay at the Sacajawea Inn. The rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable, and the shower had plenty of hot water.
The best part of the Sacajawea Inn is the owners Walter and Barbara and their family. They are the best people and I count them good friends. They care about your comfort, are very friendly and treat you like family.
The breakfast is so awesome. Home cook to order until you can't eat no more.
I have stayed at more expensive places in Salmon but they didn't compare to the experience, value and comfort I received at the inn.
I won't stay anywhere else but the Sacajawea Inn.

God Bless the Sacajawea Inn, The Owners and All that stay.

Gary E.

Room Tip: Ask for the Wolf Room my personal favorite
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gary E
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is exactly what I wish I could expect from all roadside motels. Classic single level, circular-driveway, park at your front door style motel. The cozy rooms are very comfortable with basic amenities like TV, climate control, phone, fridge, table/chairs etc. The property, rooms and linens are kept very clean, in good repair and all around pleasant. Each room has it's own one-of-a-kind personality with unique painted murals & decorations. Breakfast is served to order and amazing for just $3. The owners themselves make it a complete package by being friendly and accommodating in every way possible. As a business traveler, I'm in hotels every day and stay in everything from the 5-Star Hilton to the Knight's Inn and I would be as happy to spend a night here as at the Hilton. It's the next best thing to staying with family/friends in their own home.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business