“Wonderful place to stay - peaceful and stunning scenery”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Sagle
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Decided against Best Western as train running thru rooms ( well almost ) as we pulled up outside. Found the Lodge by accident , and so glad we did Staff could do nothing more to be helpful and friendly. Bed was so comfortable , nearly missed the complimentary breakfast.
Evening time , sat on the deck overlooking the stunning scenery and lake , with a glass of wine in hand , it does not get any better.

Room Tip: All are good rooms , but even better with lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience.
We strive to help every guest enjoy their stay as much as you did!
We hope you'll visit us again!

Cheers!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We planned a vacation in Glacier National Park. However, the weather in June did not cooperate and we found ourselves deciding whether to tough it out, head home or try to find another place to visit that wasn't too far away. I had heard great things about Lake Pend Oreille in Idaho and after a quick search, called the Lodge at Sandpoint to see if they had a room. The staff was very accommodating and booked us in a penthouse room with 2 king size beds, a kitchen and a gorgeous view of the lake. There are two restaurants connected to the property. One of them is a Sushi restaurant. It was excellent and a welcome surprise! They also offer lots of other options if you don't like sushi. The Lodge offers plenty of outdoor seating with beautiful views. This hotel is very close to the city of Sandpoint...about 2 miles over the bridge. We loved MickDuff's Brewing Company with local beers and bar fare. We rented a boat from the rental place directly across the street from the Lodge and spent a half day cruising the lake. The boat rental building is a bit run down but the boat was beautiful and service was great. The hotel is also right next to Long Bridge which has a pedestrian/bike path. It was perfect for a nice morning run! We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ksdee1

Thank you for sharing your experience.
We're happy you discovered us too!
We look forward to your return.
Sincerely

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This seems to have been a very fancy place when it was first built and probably was unsustainable for the area. It seems to have been declining since then, however it is still a very nice hotel (just at 4 stars). It was very short-staffed and lacked any security measures (no key cards on outside entrances or security guard). The rooms are nice, however they have not been updated recently. The shower with two heads was nice, but the same story. Free continental breakfast was something out of a 2 star motel. The hot-tubs were not up to public health standards. Overall this was the most expensive stay of my trip and it was the nicest, but I also could not find anything nicer in the areas to compare it to. I will try something different when in Sandpoint -maybe a B&B.

• Stayed: June 2014
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to share your comments. I must say it confuses me when you say this was the nicest hotel you stayed in and available in the area but you wouldn't return. We do strive to provide the best service and accommodations available in the area which is what I think you said we did?
Being in a small quiet town and being a small hotel, we have not found the need for armed security guards or automated locking doors. We do lock the doors at night and open them in the morning and do have someone at the front desk 24/7.
When we built the lodge we weren't looking for fancy but rather comfortable and relaxing which we hope we have achieved.
We appreciate your business.
Thank-you

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a friendly, nicely updated and quiet lodge. The front desk staff is attentive and helpful and the one bedroom 'condo style' rooms facing the lake have excellent views. This is a place that we will come back to for another short break away.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank-you for your review. We're glad you were able to break away for a quick getaway .
We look forward to your return!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Great rooms, nice view and staff are friendly and helpful. One of the selling features for us are the 2 great restaurants attached to the Lodge. The Shoga Restaurant has great sushi plus other very good menu options for those that don't do sushi. Also South of 41 is a very nice restaurant. Both have nice outdoor decks on the lake. We will plan to return again!

Room Tip: The rooms on the lake side have nice a nice balcony and great place to enjoy the view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were a bit surprised upon arrival to note the proximity of the Lodge to the highway but soon forgot all about it upon settling into our lake view suite. Staff members were extremely hospitable and were very helpful in identifying good trails for running and hiking during "mud season," and they were curious to know how our experience of current trail conditions so they could share this information with future guests. We loved our dinner at Forty-One South and overall were delighted at "discovering" Sandpoint for the first time. We look forward to many return visits.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are lovely!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thank-you for taking the time to share your comments. We're glad you discovered Sandpoint too and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Husband & I are in the process of planning a visit to Sand Point to visit our daughter and found this lovely hotel online. I called several times with inquiries about their facility and was told by each front desk associate that if I stayed at their facility that my daughter who lives right outside Sand Point could visit me on their property. I waited to reserve my room until I received confirmation that my daughter could get the time off since we are flying from Florida. I contacted the hotel to book the room today, April 18th, and was told by Mary (hotel desk clerk) that she would have to speak with the owner in regards to having my daughter visit with me on their property. Mary also asked who gave me this information, I was surprised & felt like I was being interrogated by this woman. Why would I take someone's name down when a potential guest would think that the desk clerk knows their hotel policies. I finally spoke to the owner, Leslie Wood, and she told me that I previously received incorrect information, and that no paying patron is PERMITTED to have a guest on their property. REALLY? According to these policies I am not allowed to visit with my daughter who is a resident of Sagle, ID. If you are planning to visit friends or family that live in this area don't waste your time booking with this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GLJ123, Owner at The Lodge at Sandpoint, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

When this couple called, they asked if it would be okay if their daughter and boyfriend join them by the pool, (we do not have a pool) beach, hot tub etc?. We explained that these amenities are reserved for the use and benefit of our registered guests. This has been our policy since 2007 and remains so today.

It is also our policy to allow our registered guests to meet and visit with local friends and family in our lovely lobby and great room, which many guests have enjoyed.

We fully understand not being the right hotel for their needs but truly feel this review is punitive just because they didn't like our policy.

We hope they find appropriate accommodations elsewhere.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sagle
Best Western Edgewater Resort
Hotel Ruby Ponderay
Hotel Ruby Ponderay
#1 of 3 in Ponderay
Schweitzer Mountain Resort Lodging

Been to The Lodge at Sandpoint? Share your experiences!