“very good sushi at a decent price.”
Review of Shoga Sushi Bar

Shoga Sushi Bar
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Sagle
Cuisines: Sushi
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“very good sushi at a decent price.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

If this were in a big city with easy access to fresh fish, it would probably be 3 stars... but I know it's a pain to get fresh fish to Northern Idaho, and to have a relatively expansive and creative menu.... so I give it 4.

Rolls were fairly creative, fish was relatively fresh and tasty. Prices were decent, although signature rolls were a tad smaller than I had hoped for the price. Presentation was pretty good, but rolls could have used a little bit better shape.

Service was good, but they took too long to get the sushi out. Our waitress was thoughtful enough to tell us ahead of time it was about 30 minutes for orders to come out, (ours took about 40 min) and suggested an appetizer from the kitchen. which was faster. The place was only moderately crowded when we sat down, and even less 30 minutes in.... so I think they need another sushi chef. we were not in a big hurry, but the wait was a little excessive.

Ambiance is nice.. it used to be a breakfast buffet room for the resort, and it was moderately converted into a pretty nice little sushi bar/restaurant.During daylight, it has nice views of the lake from the north side of the seating area and sushi bar.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mtnmanlives

Priest River, Idaho
“Delicious and Fresh!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Girl's weekend and we were looking for a good sushi restaurant. Well...we found it! Shoga Sushi Bar was just fantastic! The service was wonderful and the food was terrific. We went straight for the sushu menu. I had the Nigiri platter and my friend had the Volcano roll...WOW! Both were delicious, fresh and beautifully presented. The Volcano Roll inspired 2 other patrons sitting near us at the sushi bar to order the same. They were not dissappointed. We finished with a shared Flourless Chocolate cake and it was the best I have ever eaten...recipe pelase!Beside the great food, the view is gorgeous...beautiful Lake Pend Oreille within a stones throw. The atmosphere is very comfortable. The shushi bar is the main focus (as the name applies) but they have a few tables for parties of 4 or more which was nice. A cozy fireplace was burning to warm the place up as it was freezing outside. The patrons and staff are very friendly and we just had a wonderful evening of food and fun. Can't wait to return.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank hampton1002
Oregon
“North Idaho Sushi”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband is from the Monterey Bay area and he loves sushi. However, getting quality ingredients and retaining a chef who knows what to do with them in North Idaho is difficult at best. We went to Shoga on the advice of friends who were all very pleased with the food. Well... it wasn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't anything for me to rave about either. Just so-so, although I did enjoy the ginger-honey tea immensely. Shoga is located in a terrific area whether it is winter or summer. The drawback to Shoga is the inside atmosphere. Uncomfortable seating, not much for ambiance, and a strange entrance don't do much to make you want to hang out for any reason other than to hurry up and finish your meal. Service is good and the food quality adequate. I was very excited for the green tea cheesecake, but was very disappointed as it was all sugar. With all that being said I think out next venture will be to the other sushi bar in town. I won't mention it here , but expect a review in the near future with a comparison. If I was to recommend Shoga it would be for a light lunch rather than a cozy dinner date and definitely not a place for large groups or families of more than 4.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Bridges73
Coulee Dam
“Perfect Place to Start”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

If you have never eaten Sushi before and you are the least bit skeptical about doing so,Shoga Sushi Bar is the absolute Perfect Place to Start. Never having eaten Sushi before and also on a first date, I must admit I was feeling a little scared about trying Sushi for the first time. But you know what? I decided to just go for it (since I was already there and there was no turning back), and boy-oh-boy am I glad that I did. The Sushi was soooooo fresh and it tasted wonderful. Seriously!! And the dessert roll was the perfect ending to a fabulous meal. You can sit outside, enjoy your fantastic meal and view one of the most breathtaking sunsets you have ever seen. If you are too tired (or too full) to drive home after you have finished eating, there is a beautiful lodge that is located next to the restaurant.

• Visited September 2012