“This place will change your life.... seriously!”
Review of Forty One South

Forty One South
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Sagle
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Edmonton, Canada
“This place will change your life.... seriously!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I never take the time to come on and do reviews but this place is SOOO good I needed to come and tell everyone how good it is, so here it goes....

One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at!

My wife and I have eaten at restaurants all over Canada, USA and the world and this is definitely one of the best. We were staying at the Lodge at Sandpoint which is right next door so we decided to eat at Forty One and were so impressed that we made reservations for the following evening.

The ribs are so amazing and so tender fall off the bone you won't believe it and the smoked filet mignon is possibly one of the best things on the planet and I'm not even kidding. I had the Steak Oscar and asked them to put the smoked filet instead of the normal one.... just amazing. One of the nights we ate there my wife had the duck and it too was unbelievable and fall off the bone too.

Any desert from this place is phenomenal!! The chocolate peanut butter mousse is like a giant delicious reeses peanut butter cup but much better. The carrot cake is sooo good its indescribable its just so moist, and I'm not even big on carrot cake, but this one is to die for.

If you eat at this place it will literally change your life....

The service was excellent but even if it was terrible I would still give this place 5 stars based on the food alone.

• Visited July 2013

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Splendid Food, Service and View”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Husband and I had the Surf and Turf and it was the best we'd had in years. Wine was recommended by the waiter and was excellent. I had bread pudding for dessert. It was a bit on the too sweet side for me. I didn't finish it. Just as well, a few calories saved. All in all, a fabulous place to rekindle the passion.

Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very Nice Outdoor Dining Next to Lodge at Sandpoint”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Inventive menu. Enjoyable outside dining in terraced areas down to the water. Excellent service. Be sure to ask for a table in the shade.

Visited July 2013
Cee Vee
“Wonderful View”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

They have the best view of the lake from their outdoor patio. When it is cool, they offer blankets to their customers. Food was very good.

Visited July 2013
Inverness, Florida
“Very Good food! Women Wait staff are clueless kids!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

When we arrived late in the afternoon the dining room was almost empty! We were asked if we had a reservation ...... replying that we did not. The hostess said they wait staff were very busy! One of our party asked if we had had a reservation would that have meant the wait staff were not busy? The hostess was clueless and the guy who brought water was just as clueless! Our server turned out to be the bartender who really served us well.... making up for the lacking in the other wait staff we had experienced. I had the idaho ruby red trout, crusted in idaho potato flakes, pan fried and finished in the oven, topped with a huckleberry-sage compound butter and served with rice pilaf. It was an excellent dish! ONe of my dining companiions had the pesto chicken ravioli which he said was delicious! Beautiful vibrant green pesto! The artisan ginger ale was a plus as a great thirst quencher! the caprese salad was just ordinary and the balsamic dressing was a bit salty and overwhelming! My companion's wedge salad was beautiful and said to be delicious!

• Visited July 2013