“Great local place to get some quick grub”
Review of Wayside Cafe

Wayside Cafe
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Rupert
Cuisines: American
Description: zip code: 83350 phone 208-436-4800
Description: zip code: 83350 phone 208-436-4800
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great local place to get some quick grub”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was traveling along I84 and had only been on the road for a few hours when my stomach told me to stop for breakfast. I prefer to eat at local places, and the Wayside Cafe looked like a great local diner. It was right off the freeway and easy to get to. The waitress was very prompt. This is the kinda place where they know if you are in a hurry or want to stay and relax for a while. There were a few local farmers that looked like they came there every morning for breakfast. I had the stuffed baked potato (real Idaho spud!) and a fried scone as big as my head. The food was really good and not too expensive. This would be a great place for a family to stop. The kids could be noisy and messy without destroying the place, and there is something on the menu for everyone.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank JillieBean77

Seattle
“Great service, not so good food”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This restaurant is very conveniently located next to the interstate. There's plenty of room to park, even if you have a big rig.
The service is great. We were greeted and promptly seated. The place was almost full, very busy, and yet our orders were taken rapidly. The bathroom was very clean.
The service was better than the food. My husband had a chili burger that he said was okay. I had the Idaho rainbow trout. It was insipid. Our french fries were greasy and not much warmer than room temperature, not hot. The salads were cold iceberg lettuce with cold cucumbers and cold tomatoes. My meal came with dessert, a lemon cake. The cake was okay, but the inch and a half of 'frosting' was so heavily sugared and greasy that I could only take a bite.
Won't eat there again, but it's not because of the service. That was outstanding.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank SeattleMeadowlark

Been to Wayside Cafe? Share your experiences!