“Fun for all”
Review of Heise Hot Springs

Heise Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Ririe
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Small town fun for all. If you don't want to lounge by the pool head on over to the golf course. Before it's time to leave make sure to visit their pizza parlor. The pizza is excellent!

2  Thank Mike A

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hot springs here are particularly hot, running about 108, and have a very high mineral content, including a strong sulfur component. The rest of the area including the pools is not particularly attractive or enticing, but it's a good place to take a soak if you're passing by.

2  Thank GlobalSkiSurf
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Heise has a large swimming pool, great pizza at the golf course cafe. A golf course and whether a boating enthusiast or love fishing you will find their waterways inviting and beautiful scenery. Remember your sunblock and insect spray in the hot months. Make sure you make a reservation for larger group areas, they tend to fill up fast.

1  Thank tripnew01
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a nice family friendly swimming pool. The hot pools and heated outdoor pool are great to visit in the winter. In the summer, the main pool with a water slide is fun for kids

3  Thank smashley612
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our family (self, DH & DS) met up with an old family friend to spend the day at Heise Hot Springs. She had been many times before, but it was our first visit. We loved it! They have a little something for everyone, from hot thermal pools (107 degrees the day we went - hotsa!) to a 350' waterslide. Their summer pool is the biggest one, and is open seasonally. The hot pool apparently is open year-round. For $15 you get a full day pass to all the different facilities; if you're not into the waterslide, you can do a full day pass with "everything but" for a little less $$. They provide lockers for a nominal fee and have a snack bar on-site as well. We made use of everything - yes, DH & I dragged our almost-50 selves on the waterslide, several times in fact! Our son probably logged over 100 runs on that thing. It was fun. The thermal pool was running 107 degrees (F) on the day of our visit; I guess the normal temp is about 104-105. I was able to get in it all the way, but was one of only a few. I loved the way my skin tingled, but could have done without the sulfur smell. You get used to that after awhile.

DH & DS used the snack bar and we all went to the Pizza Parlor (which I've reviewed separately) after our day at the springs. The biggest complaint (and it wasn't very big) I had about Heise is that adjacent to the hot pool there is a "kiddie" pool, and lots of "kiddies" were in it that day throwing stuff around. At one point some kid's toy almost hit my friend and I in the face, but fortunately the lifeguard was quick to step in and tell him to be more careful. The facility was also a bit hard to find as some of the signage has been covered over by tree foliage, but it didn't take long to get our bearings. Once we found it, we enjoyed Heise Hot Springs immensely and I am personally hoping that we get a chance to go again.

1  Thank K-Bot