“Welcoming & helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Salmon Rapids Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Riggins
Potlatch, Idaho
“Welcoming & helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

The Salmon Rapids Lodge served as the wedding "headquarters" for our recent Riggins wedding. From the time we met with Rachel Diaz, the group coordinator for the Lodge, to the time our wedding party and families checked in, until the time we all checked out of the Lodge, we were welcomed and treated extremely well by all of the staff. The Lodge is beautiful and the staff works hard to keep it looking that way. All of the river view rooms have a wonderful view of the Salmon River. We spent two nights at the Lodge and are very much looking forward to coming back to visit again. We would highly recommend the Lodge to anyone planning to stay in Riggins.

Room Tip: The Ruby Rapids Suite has a beautiful view of the Salmon River and canyon.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Moscow, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

My family just spent three nights here. This is one of my favorite hotels because it's so close to the river. We've stayed here before when it was a Best Western. While it's obvious some maintenance is lacking, the friendly staff more than makes up for it. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi everynight. I would've liked to have seen the breakfast menu change some, but was happy with coffee and muffins. Best hotel in Riggins!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Scottyboy59
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We spent only two nights here and wished we could have stayed longer. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the room was attractive, spacious and comfortable, the breakfasts were generous. The lodge is beautifully constructed and in a dramatic setting. All this for a very affordable price. We'll be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Scottie T
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our family often stays here on the way to Gramma & Grandpa's house (too many hours for a 1-day trip). The staff is always welcoming and helpful; facilities are great and the view is unbeatable. Would highly recommend the lodge!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Allison19992001
Fruitland, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Thank you Rachel & staff for such a wonderful Thanksgiving stay! The whole family, all 8 of us from 1yr to 53 had a wonderful time! Dinner was great & so is your staff. Always willing to do whatever it takes to make our stay great! There is no way anyone would guess, that the lodge is older than a year or two. It is so very clean & well maintained. It is so nice to have such clean & fresh rooms, no dirt hiding in the bathrooms or on the floors, n mold or anything, your staff does a great job. We will be back many more times. Our grandkids feel like kings & queens there!
Thank you all!
The Howells

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tbtcjhowell
Pullman, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Excellent facility for classroom, Very helpful, friendly and accommodating coordinator and staff, easy to work with even snacks and drinks on the tables. All the little things were taken care of like free drink wine/beer/juice/soda, cookies and milk at night and a free breakfast. Fantastic view from the classroom. Walking distance to great restaurants. Would highly recommend the facility or just a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike H
NCentralIdaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This summer, my husband and I planned a multi-day backpacking trip into the Seven Devils. It was lovely weather. The wild flowers were in brilliant bloom. There was just a hint of snow left on the summit tops. And there were mosquitos. Many. Mosquitos. So many in fact that I literally couldn't breathe without pulling one into my nose or mouth. We braved it for two days. Now I'm a pretty rugged outdoor type. I've been camping my whole life and in 45 years, I've never, ever experienced anything like these mosquitos. On the morning of the third day, I woke up at 4:37am, woke my husband up and declared that we were packing out early. He didn't even blink.

By 9:20am we were in the parking lot of Salmon Rapids Lodge and I headed in to see if they had a room. It was a weekend, at the height of summer and the town was packed with whitewater rafters and wildland firefighters so I wasn't counting on getting a room. Also, I was wearing 2 1/2 days of backpacking on my body so I was looking pretty special if I do say so myself.

I waited my turn and when the lovely lady behind the front desk said, "Good morning, how can I help you?" I told her. I said, "I am on the tail end of what just might be the worst backpacking experience of my life." I shared the lowlights of my previous to days and asked if she possibly had a room. She had a single room but the guests had just checked out. I asked when we could check in and she said (I swear), "If you give us 30 minutes to clean, we'll get you right in there."

I could have hugged her but, taking into account my present hygiene status, I thought it might have been seen as an act of aggression.

We went down to the River Rock Cafe for some breakfast and when we came back, there was a beautiful, mosquito free room waiting for us.

We hauled our backpacks into the room, took a quick shower then headed to the hot tub. A half hour later I was tucked into bed with a serving of dehydrated spaghetti and a glass of champagne (purchased from the lobby!) to celebrate our good fortune.

Thank you for recognizing our exhaustion and working so hard to get us into a room so quickly! You'll never know how much we appreciated it.

Room Tip: Request a riverview room on the second floor of the left end of the hotel so you overlook both the M...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple