Heard this was a beautiful hotel so drove 180 miles one way,out of our way,to get there.We asked for a lower room with a patio so we could see the river from our room.We got the lower room but could barely see the river if we stretched our necks over all the bushes in front of the patio.But the biggest problem were the bugs.There were knats everywhere.We were told,by a card left in the room,to not use the screen door only when opening the doors to go our to the patio.We kept the glass door closed all the time except for the couple of times we went out on the patio.We couldnt stay out there due to the bugs.
But the worst was to come.We had 2 queen beds and when my husband pulled back his covers to get in bed that night,the sheets were covered with knats.We tried to brush them off but that did no good.I tthe front desk and they suggested changing the sheets which might have worked if not for the bugs flying in our hair and on the furniture also.
We shared the other bed and were woken up a couple of times during the night,because there were knats on our face.
The manager gave us $10 off the room the nest morning and explained there was nothing they can too about the knats as they are there for a couple of months at the end of the summer.I suggested cutting back the bushes in front of the patio not only to open the view but might help get rid of some of the bugs that were swarming the bushed.She said that would not work and I also suggested putting in lower watt lights over the hot tub which is only a few feet from patio.The bugs were loving those lights!
So the 360 mile round trip was a disppointment and probably will not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and stay on the confluence of the majestic Salmon River’s at Salmon Rapids Lodge! You will feel right at home with all of our guestroom amenities including coffee maker, hair dryer, refrigerator, ironing board set, and flat screen television with premium satellite channels and ultra clean remote, upgraded bedding and new pillow top mattresses. Fresh baked cookies and ice cold milk will complete every evening during your stay! Complimentary high speed wireless internet access is available in your guestroom and throughout the lodge. Enjoy our large indoor pool, outdoor hot tub, exercise room, and gift shop at Salmon Rapids Lodge. Our Deluxe Continental Breakfast is included with your stay and the entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. Pets allowed for a small fee based on pet-friendly room availability. Contact our Group Coordinator for corporate retreat inquiries, on-site catering, wedding venue availability, and adventure vacation package specials. AAA – 3 Diamond hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Salmon Rapids Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Salmon Rapids Hotel Riggins
- Best Western Riggins
- Riggins Best Western
- Salmon Rapids Lodge Riggins, Idaho