“Great stay, we'll be back”
Review of Riggins Motel

Riggins Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Riggins
Riggins Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Riggins
Dunedin, Florida
“Great stay, we'll be back”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a great stay at the Riggins Hotel. The staff was warm and helpful and the accommodations were charming and very comfortable. The room was clean and had all the amenities we needed like fridge and microwave. Very quaint downtown within walking distance. We'll be coming back for sure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I took my wife here on our 5 year anniversary!

Let me tell you, If you have never been to Riggins Idaho, it's a must! It is an amazingly beautiful place. The Riggins Motel is the ideal place to stay. It's almost right in the middle of town and just a short walk to the best restaurants and activities this quaint little town has to offer.

Don't be fooled by it's beauty, Riggins is “The Whitewater Capital” of Idaho! The scenery is breathtaking. Nestled right on the Salmon River, the rafting options are plentiful and Riggins is just around the corner from Hells Canyon, The Seven Devils Montians and of course Heavens Gate (The Deepest Canyon in the Continental United States).

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. The rooms at The Riggins Motel were very nice and extremely clean and tidy also very affordable. I look forward to another trip down to this little piece of heaven. The Riggins Motel is a MUST stay and Riggins is a MUST see!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arthur T
luxembourg
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our actual stay at the hotel wasn't unpleasant. As a matter of fact, at the time of booking they only had a large room available but when we checked in, a smaller room was vacant and she let us "downgrade" to the lower price - it was after we returned home from two weeks of road-tripping that we discovered they had sent a bill and billed our credit card an additional $25.00 for "bright neon stains on towels, hand towels and washcloth". When I called to ask about it, she said the stains were "all over the sheets as well, but those washed out". Apparently, she noticed the "stains" as soon as she went to clean the room. When she put OxyClean in with the laundry to try to get the "stains" out, they brightened into a neon yellow and she had to throw the towels away. We didn't use any lotions, soaps, sunblocks or bug sprays that we haven't used on MANY other occasions. I have never had yellow staining problems at home - and I used OxyClean, as well, so her insinuation that it was a chemical reaction with one of my lotions doesn't fly. We think she got in trouble for letting us have a less expensive room and had to make up the difference by inventing additional charges. As we don't live in the area, we couldn't check out the story of the neon towels. Final word: don't stay here unless you plan to photograph everything upon check-out.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank michaelynnc
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Landed in Riggins in the middle of a violent summer storm, we were not enthused about camping so opted for a motel. Price was a bit on high side in my opinion at $72 (which included a whopping $2 AAA discount) but it is high season in Riggins, which probably accounts for the inflated price. Motel is located on Main Street, there is no view other than the parking lot. Parking is tight but acceptable.

Amenities include washer and dryer ($1.50/load), a pop machine and free ice. There is free WiFi although it mysteriously cut out on me the next morning and I never could get back on-line. Satellite TV with a large selection of channels. The rooms include a micro coffee maker, microwave and small fridge.

Our room was quite large with two comfortable queen beds and is decorated in "western" fashion. The room was clean, had a window unit for AC and a window that opened to allow for a night breeze. There was a small table and two chairs on the common porch.

The bathroom was microscopic but you don't live in the bathroom. The shower was small and the fixture far too low on the shower wall for a tall (5'11") person to use without stooping.

The receptionist was very pleasant and cheerfully gave us more coffee packets for the coffee maker.

Apparently there is a hot tub or jacuzzi but we didn't investigate.

Caveat: They do NOT accept cash and Riggins is in the Pacific time zone (which means you have a bonus hour until the 11 a.m. checkout time if you are from the Mountain time zone).

This would not be a disability friend hotel I fear, unless there were rooms we didn't see. The parking lot is gravel and there are steps up into the rooms. The bathroom in our room would never accommodate a wheelchair.

BOTTOM LINE: Charming motel, suitable for one or more night's stay. There isn't much to do in Riggins unless you are into fishing, rafting or doing something on the river, which is the main attraction to the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Me, my husband, our baby, & a friend came to go Salmon fishing. We made reservations ahead of time but weren't expecting the friend to come until 1 day before so we were unable to get a bigger room because they were booked for the fishing season. Our friend wasn't able to stay in the room w/ us due to "plumbing problems", which was snippily told to me by the owner (even though the owner clearly states below that the plumbing is newer & we offered to pay whatever extra was needed). Our friend had to sleep in my car & never once entered the room, strictly following the motel rules for fear of getting charged extra fees. Not only did he have to sleep in my car & go to a gas station for a restroom but when we returned home we found they charged us for him to stay in the room anyways. I called to find out why & was told it's the owner's decision because she saw him sitting outside of the room often (where else was he supposed to go?). There was no toilet paper in the room & had to buy our own since it was after office hours. Also, the room was tiny for the price considering we could have stayed at a motel down the road for the same price & 4 times bigger, just thought we would give somewhere else a try. Will NEVER stay here again and will tell everyone we know NOT to come here.

Room Tip: Go to the Big Iron Motel. Huge, clean, nice rooms for pretty much the exact same price.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank hlpBoise
bc
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My husband and I were on a motorcycle trip and we stopped here for one night. We found the room to be small, but comfortable with rustic furniture. Recent renovations with large bathroom, shower only. Microwave, fridge and coffee in room. Nice hot-tub available from 10 - 10 adults only. Price included breakfast. Great location in the middle of town. We enjoyed the patio area in front of our room. Also, FREE long distance phone calls! Lovely owners that made us feel right at home! And the price for all of this was less than $54! We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lulu3
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 15, 2009

My husband and I were enroute to Glacier National Park on our motorcycle. We stopped here on a Friday night in July without reservations and we were warmly greeted in the office by Walt, the owner. When he saw that we came in by motorcycle he offered us a free 'wipe down" cloth for the motorcycle which we used for the rest of our trip up to Glacier. Such a nice touch. The Riggins Motel is a "mom and pop" type of motel--probably built in the 1940s or1950s. It's a single level, horseshoe shaped old fashioned motel. I loved the quaint nostalgia this motel offered! We got a nonsmoking room with a queen bed for $49.00 plus tax--what a bargain! The room was quite small but impeccably clean and it came with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and free long distance! Our cell phones weren't working and I was pleasantly surprised at this little bonus. The bed was firm but comfortable and the towels were soft and fluffy. Even though this was an older style motel, the rooms have been remodeled and so have the bathrooms. Complimentary soap, shampoo and even make-up remover cloths were offered. The only thing I would have liked was a hairdryer! This room did not have air conditioning, but we didn't need it anyway. Summer nights are cool to downright chilly in this part of Idaho. I'm not sure if other rooms had air conditioning or not. A hot tub was available for a relaxing soak, but we chose not to use it. In any case, this motel was a great value and offered a comfortable night's sleep. If you enjoy staying in clean, updated "mom and pop" motels that offer the warmth, friendliness and nostalgia of days gone by, then you'd enjoy this motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Riggins Motel? Share your experiences!