“Best biscuits and gravy”

Bert and Kate's Cattlemen's Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Riggins
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Kate is so sweet - shared her home grown tomatoes and peppers with us too! She told us some awesome stories - pix on the wall of original homeowner and past patrons. She cooks, waits, cashiers - all of it! Her food is fresh, great quality, and full of love!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently enjoyed a fantastic breakfast at Cattleman's while traveling through Riggins on vacation. Believe me....you never know what to expect when on long road trips, but this was a welcome treat! The menu offered multiple options, but I ordered standard breakfast fare: Eggs, ham, potatoes, toast and orange juice. Kate did it all -- took my order, cooked the food, and handled the bill. A whirlwind of energy, she also chatted with the customers. The food: Excellent. I enjoyed Kate's homemade bread and apricot jam. Where else can you get such star treatment? I love fresh and delicious meals, and will surely return to Cattleman's again.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We love this place - try the French Toast: it melts in your mouth. Conversation is lively, breakfast is the tastiest in town. These ladies are busy, busy, busy and the reason is that everyone knows this is the only place to be!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We recently had two delicious meals at the Cattlemen's Restaurant in Riggins. We stopped in on our way to Boise and then stopped again on our way home. The food was carefully prepared using fresh ingredients and the homemade breads were outstanding. We enjoyed hearing some of Kate’s stories and were impressed with her commitment to providing healthy food to the community. Thanks, Kate, we’ll definitely visit again whenever we’re in town.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We love this place! We were in Riggins for steelhead fishing, we tried them once, then had to come back the next day for more. Kate is a fantastic gal and I've never seen a person work harder than her. All of her food is homemade and delicious, I can understand why she's not open for dinner. She probably spends afternoons and evenings baking loaves of bread and whatnot. I've never felt more welcome as an out-of-towner as she made us feel, and she's quite entertaining. :) Even when we had to wait a little bit long for our food she gave us a 10% discount for being patient. I could go on and on about how awesome the restaurant is. Long story short, this restaurant is fantastic and we will be back over and over.

1  Thank hlpBoise