“Good selection and reasonable prices.”
Review of River Rock Cafe

River Rock Cafe
Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Riggins
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We served a variety of cuisine, focusing on traditional American with an Italian flair! We have the most extensive menu in a 150 mile radius serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week, year round, including but not limited to breakfast items such as homemade sausage gravy with buttermilk butterflake biscuits, french toast, pancakes, chicken fried steak, eggs benedict and a variety of omelets. Some lunch items include hand-pattied burgers, reubens, philly steak sandwich, rosemary chicken sandwich, french dip and prime rib Sandwich, River Rock designed stuffed sandwiches, pizzas and calzones. Dinner includes a variety of steaks, pastas and seafood, including, but not limited to pasta primavera, chicken fettuccine alfredo with homemade alfredo, chicken parmesan, terriyaki chicken, shrimp scampi, salmon steak and ribs. Daily specials and Friday and Saturday nights is Prime Rib night! We have an extensive specialty salad menu, serve appetizers and delicious desserts including homemade blackberry cobbler, beer, wine and bloody mary's. Stop by River Rock Cafe;your celebration destination!
Boise, Idaho
“Good selection and reasonable prices.”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Took the family of 8 to the River Rock and was not disappointed. The food selection was good and we all liked the items we ordered. I found their pizza to be better than most major chains I have tried. It took awhile to get the meal with so many orders BUT this is a small town restaurant with limited staff and we were in no hurry anyway. We will be back when in Riggins.

• Visited August 2014

Spokane, Washington
“Waited 50 minutes for our food.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The food was good and our waitress was extremely friendly! My mom ordered the French dip and she loved it! There was 5 of us and the restaurant was not busy at all maybe 2 other families. My only complaint was that it took 50 minutes for them to bring us our food. No matter how good the food is no one wants to wait that long for their food, it was ridiculous. We will not be coming back here because of the wait, which is to bad because again the food was good.
It also might take you 50 minutes to read the amount of menu items that they serve. The menu/novel had everything under the sun. I do not know how a place can operate and make money with that many menu items.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Nathan P
Hayden Lake, Idaho
“Not for us”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I just read the other reviews before I started this one and I couldnt disagree more. We cruised up and down main street and looked at all of the choices, like we usually do, before picking the River Rock at my wives recommendation based on the fact we wanted more of a nicer restaurant, not another greasy spoon. I would of settled for anything else. We finally placed our orders and both had soup as an appetizer. When it finally arrived, we still didnt have our drinks at which time my wife alerted the waitress and she brought my wives drink, not mine. We then waited 45 minutes for our main course, a salad and fish and chips. I had almost walked out numerous times but didnt want to leave my wife holding the bag, so we waited, ate, left and will never, ever go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank theperry5
Tumwater, Washington
“Good food & good service”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Ordered the corned beef & potatoes for breakfast and was not disappointed. It was good. Not canned corned beef but the real thing. Coffee cup was kept full. Waitress found blackberry jam for my toast. Nice place, prompt & friendly service, full of locals and good food.

Modesto
“The best food in idaho”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I read several reviews before we went to the River Rock Cafe. Simply, it was excellent food, clean, busy and a delight. After talking to our waitress we learned everything is made from scratch and takes awhile, boy it was well worth it, big portions and great taste! Thank you for a throwback of how food used to be served. If you want a speedy dinner maybe not the place, but to sit down with your family and have an old school family dinner, this is your place!

• Visited July 2014

Been to River Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!